What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does anyone know if iPad apps support web services?

BillyM2010

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We are looking to use iPad as one of our mobile clients that will need to interface to our backend applications via Microsoft WCF web services. I know NOTHING about developing for Apple, so am wondering if anyone knows if this is feasible? Or even if I am in the right forum for a question like this?

RobertBasil

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.robertbasil.com
We are looking to use iPad as one of our mobile clients that will need to interface to our backend applications via Microsoft WCF web services. I know NOTHING about developing for Apple, so am wondering if anyone knows if this is feasible? Or even if I am in the right forum for a question like this?

It will run on an iPad if:

It does not require any type of "plugin" ie: flash, silverlight, etc...
It will run in Safari

The easiest way to test is to install Safari with no extra plug-ins on your computer and access it from there. If so, it will work on the iPad.

Most reactions

Latest posts