What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

does anyone else do this also ..

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
run a combo outer cover unit along with a slip case for travel in the bag then packed into the carrying case for travel in the bag..

i run a slip on case unit along with a travel slip case for use in the bag to protect the unit when it in the bag.

[ i did not put the screen protector on the unit for i was told that it better to use a screen cleaning cloth and keep it clean that way ..there was a article on the mac forums about the screen savers and not to apply them in the apple stores for they are now banning them from the stores..]

iBean

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was at the Apple Store at La Cantera in San Antonio on Monday and saw screen protectors for sale there on the rack with the covers, slip cases and frames. I want one to prevent the scratches I see on the face of my phone cover. Granted, my slide phone is usually on my purse, belt loop or clipped to my sweatshirt so is seeing a lot more trauma than I expect the iPad to see. I also have a 1st gen. iTouch that came with a front & back protective film and a clear plastic case. That, also, has a lot of scratches on it, even though it travels in a pouch or zipped in my purse. Can't imagine not having some sort of screen covering.

brhon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I bought my iPad I asked about the screen protectors. The apple clerk said they were going to get them in, just had not arrived. I thought they were not going to carry them.

robb25j

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was at the Apple Store at La Cantera in San Antonio on Monday and saw screen protectors for sale there on the rack with the covers, slip cases and frames. I want one to prevent the scratches I see on the face of my phone cover. Granted, my slide phone is usually on my purse, belt loop or clipped to my sweatshirt so is seeing a lot more trauma than I expect the iPad to see. I also have a 1st gen. iTouch that came with a front & back protective film and a clear plastic case. That, also, has a lot of scratches on it, even though it travels in a pouch or zipped in my purse. Can't imagine not having some sort of screen covering.
U live near me I'm off 1604 and hausman how was the turn out/ wait when u picked up your iPad ? I picked mine up while I was at work in Dayton Ohio

OP
henry2

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i was asking about screen protecters unit at the apple store ..they said that the screen protectors are ok. ..

but in the long run just keep the screen clean with a good cleaning cloth design for cleaning cell phone screens or laptop screens and it should be fine for the life of the unit with keeping it clean from fringer prints and other things that could damage the screen ..

the person who i was talking to said it not like a iphone screen where you are putting into the jackets pockets or pants pockets with keys and other things that can statch it up in daily use like the iphone screen can be ..

here is some of the tips that they said to do when useing ipad

they said just make sure you keep in a good padded case along with a solid rubber or gel typle back cover to protect the unit backside when it out along with a good padded stowage case to protect the unit when it in a bag for transport ..

the person also said clean the screen daily before putting it a away and the screen and the unit should last a long time ..they said just use basic common sense and you be ok with the unit ..

when useing in the house make sure it was in stand or laying flat down on a solid surface along with holding it make sure it you have a good grip or useing it with the keyboard unit make sure it proplerly inserted into the unit for the propler conection of the unit ..

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sleek Screen protector

Here is one of our model ( we have 3)

soon we will organize a contest here and large quantity will be offer for the winner

iBean

iPF Noob
Reaction score
U live near me I'm off 1604 and hausman how was the turn out/ wait when u picked up your iPad ? I picked mine up while I was at work in Dayton Ohio
I decided to hold out for the 3G model. The Monday I was at the store, it had quite a few people there, but not overly crowded. They had about 20 iPads set up around the store for folks to play with, and there was little wait time to get my hands on one. Went back 2 or 3 times while at the store. All ages of folks there, too. Youngest I saw looked about 5. At 65, I may have been the oldest!:)

Most reactions