What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

documents and data in itunes gone amok on new iPad mini4

justjoan123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi. I'm hoping for some guidance here -- I've done the usual, gone too settings and cleared the Safari cache and cut back on cellular settings where I can, yet every time I reset my mini (and my iphone, too) the documents and data bar seems awfully high. Any suggestions?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi. I'm hoping for some guidance here -- I've done the usual, gone too settings and cleared the Safari cache and cut back on cellular settings where I can, yet every time I reset my mini (and my iphone, too) the documents and data bar seems awfully high. Any suggestions?

Hi Justjoan - Documents & Data (D&D) is as baffling as the Other category and is the cumulative 'information' associated w/ apps, caches, etc. Below is an image of my iPad Air 2 plugged into my MBPro - the bar graph at the bottom shows my storage w/ a LOT in the D&D category - next, view the following images from my iDevice - go to General -> Storage & iCloud Usage -> Manage Storage (at the top); this will generate a list of your apps and 'how much' storage is being used; now by clicking on an app (or the pointer), the storage being taken by the app itself and its data can be viewed (e.g. my Zinio app is taking up nearly 3 GB which are my magazines). SO, tell us: 1) How much storage is devoted to D&D on your device; 2) How much 'free storage' is left; and 3) Which apps are you using that are at the top of the storage list shown below.

In the meantime, checkout these links on D&D: LINK 1 and LINK 2 - Dave :)
Screen Shot 2016-10-09 at 11.18.36 AM.png
IMG_7091.PNG
IMG_7092.PNG

Most reactions

Latest posts