What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Documentation

DUTCH VanAtlanta

iPF Novice
Reaction score
In reading the Apple iPad website, it says that documentation is included in "What's in the box."

There was no documentation of any kind in my box. It was ordered from the Apple online store and was shipped to me direct from China. Am I missing something?

I realize that the User Guide is available on-line, but what do you do when you have no Internet access?

MikeM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.eazel-stand.com
I have two iPads and I'm pretty sure neither of them had any printed documentation in the box. If they did, it was probably nothing more than how to turn it on and charge it. There is a help document on the iPad (that is, I think its local) that shows up in the favorites for the Safari browser. It's very basic though. If you have any other than the most newbie-type questions you'll have to go to the internet.

Funny, I can still remember the days when you actually got documentation for tech products and you could call a phone number and speak to a real human being.

Holly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got a chuckle out of that as well. Go to iBooks and download the iPad User Guide. At least you don't need to be on the Internet to read it. It is basically the manual that should have been in the box.

andsoitgoes

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hey, I got documentation!

Sure it was a single, small piece of paper, but that's "documentation", isn't it??

Think of the environment, people!!

OP
DUTCH VanAtlanta

DUTCH VanAtlanta

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I got a chuckle out of that as well. Go to iBooks and download the iPad User Guide. At least you don't need to be on the Internet to read it. It is basically the manual that should have been in the box.

Thanks for the tip. I didn't realize it was available there.

Most reactions