What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

docs to go spreadsheet issue

dough54321

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've put this on their forum. But no one is answering. Thought I'd try here...

Whenever I input a negative number into a cell, like -2.22, instead of what I type, I get something like 2E.+0. It doesnt seem to affect any calculations and when I highlight the cell -2.22 still shows up in the edit cell frame.

I've even tried using parenthesis instead, (2.22), but then it makes it '-2.22 in the frame and doesn't recognize it as a number box anymore for calculations. I'm guessing because it ads the apostrophe before the number.

Could you tell me what I'm doing wrong?

sch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Check the cell formatting. Sounds like it's in Scientific notation rather than Number.

Cheers,

sch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As I said, check the cell formatting. Sounds like it's in Scientific notation rather than Number.

Tap on the cell and then formatting icon on the lower toolbar (2nd from left), click " ...More", then the "12" in the popup title bar, then "Category" and choose "Number", then "Done".

OP
D

dough54321

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As soon as I select "category" the program freezes. Happened four times now.

Thanks for the help. I didn't get what you were saying earlier.

sch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try a reboot on the iPad: Hold down both buttons until the chrome Apple logo shows (takes about 10 full seconds, so keep holding both buttons until the logo). After this the iPad restarts and this will cure almost all issues that aren't app-based.

Ciao,

sch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Last thing I'd try is to recreate the file. Sounds as if the file is corrupt, unless you have this issue with other sheets too?

sch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you have the latest version of the app? This works on mine without an issue.

Try deleting the app from your iPad and downloading it again (you don't get charged).

Ciao,

Last edited:

Most reactions