What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tacking attendance for my students both in numbers and excel

Reaction score
Hi,
I hope somebody can help we with that
I'm trying to track attendance and classes for my students in Numbers on my Ipad. Earlier I used ms excel for that, but some formulas don't translate well to numbers, I've been trying to find a solution for a couple of weeks now, but I've grown desperate now.
I'm attaching an excel spreadsheet with yellow cells highlighted that are causing problem
I would really appreciate any help with that, I love my ipad and I don't want to choose between excel and numbers and I have to use both
Thank you in advance
arthur

Attachments

• Group report template.zip
    8 KB · Views: 422

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
One of the things that makes the iPad so powerful is the large number of inexpensive apps that do one job very well.

Consider using an attendance tracking app. There are a number of very good ones in the app store - most costing less than a cup of coffee at Starbucks...

OP
A
Reaction score
Good point, the trouble is that I have to use excel too to share the data with other teachers back and forth, and some are using Microsoft office.
I know about grade tracking apps in the AppStore and I love them, I hope many would be using iPads in the future, but today I have to face this.

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You might contact the developers of these apps with your need to exchange data with Excel users. Someone might very well add that capability to their app for you.

We have done that for several of our apps for customer requests.

Most reactions

Latest posts