What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Docs To Go syncing issue

mzyla

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,
I use Docs To Go at home with my wireless service and have absolutely no issues syncing my iPad 2 to my Macbook Pro. However, whenever I travel and use the wireless service either at a hotel or an airport, I get an error message on Docs To Go that tells me that I must have both units connected to the same network. I am positive that both units are. Any suggestions on what I'm not seeing here?
Thanks
Mark

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Many hotspot/hotel networks block device to device protocols. This is for security. It helps prevents one guest from seeing and fiddling with files on another guest's device, even if they've accidentally left them shared.

To work around this you might try DropBox. Since it is on the internet both devices will be able to see and access the storage space. Docs To Go also provides built in access to DropBox, so I am told.

Most reactions

Latest posts