What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Docs to go mail attchments

plithauer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi I have a iPad 4 and have installed DocsToGo Premium. When I try and send a document from within DTG, eg word or exel, I get a message that the file cannot be sent.
Why is this and what can I do to fix this?

Thanks

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am not having this issue with D2G on my iPad. So, the only thing I can think of - do you have a default e-mail address assigned to/on your iPad? The iPad needs that default address so it knows which e-mail account to use to send the file.

To set a default e-mail (or to check it), go to the "Mail Contacts Calendars" tab in your Settings app. Scroll down the right side until you see the line "Default Account." Make sure there is an e-mail address in there that is good and actively working on your iPad.

If that's not it and you already have an e-mail address, holler back and we'll take another shot at it.

Marilyn

OP
P

plithauer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice, tried it but, It does not work. Set default to my MS exchange server, AND tried with my Gmail addy. Neither work.
Just to clarify....... I can open attachments sent to my iPad, but after having worked on a doc and saved it, I cannot mail it using the email function (bottom left) of D2G. Keep getting a send error message.
Very frustrating.

OP
P

plithauer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Some more info....... Doesn't seem to want to mail anything from outside my email account. Eg tried mailing a foto from my foto folder using the mail to option and that also didn't work. I might be missing something very simple as I am new to using an iPad.

OP
P

plithauer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After some more web searching I have found that it seems to be a iOS 6 problem. Any idea when a bug fix might be forthcoming as I really do not want to have to revert back to 5?

Most reactions

Latest posts