What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dock will not open

Braxl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As of this morning, I am unable to open the dock. I checked setting in General>Multitasking&Dock and all selection options are on. Any thoughts on what else would prevent it from opening?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
As of this morning, I am unable to open the dock. I checked setting in General>Multitasking&Dock and all selection options are on. Any thoughts on what else would prevent it from opening?

Hello and welcome to the forum! :) Just for the easy steps - have you 'restarted' and/or 'rebooted' your iPad? Terminology varies but some directions HERE - give one or both a try and let us know - good luck! Dave

OP
Braxl

Braxl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum! :) Just for the easy steps - have you 'restarted' and/or 'rebooted' your iPad? Terminology varies but some directions HERE - give one or both a try and let us know - good luck! Dave

Did all that, still not working. Looked at your directions, nothing I hadn't already tried. Then my wife asked if I had updated to IOS 12. I had, duh, dock is now at the top right hand corner with a swipe down.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Did all that, still not working. Looked at your directions, nothing I hadn't already tried. Then my wife asked if I had updated to IOS 12. I had, duh, dock is now at the top right hand corner with a swipe down.

Well, glad that you solved the issue - just some advice since you're new to the forum - next time, please provide information regarding what you already have done - would have saved me a need to post - thanks. Dave :)

OP
Braxl

Braxl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback, I'll be sure to remember that for the next time I have an issue.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
To ease things in the future, the Dock is the bar of apps at the bottom of the screen. What moved to the top right is the Control Center.

Most reactions

Latest posts