What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dock & Speakers

Desmac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm looking to get a an ipad dock with speakers. I've been considering the Philips Fidelio range, DS 8550 ,the DS7700 or DS3500. I've also looked at the JBL Onbeat. I would like a decent sound, with a dock that can recharge my ipad. does anyone have any of these gagets, or recommend another one? sorry if this is a repeat of an earlier thread; I did look.
Thanks in advance

OP
D

Desmac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks for your reply Pocobear. I've noy got thr Philips Fidelio DS8550. It seems to do what I want. A little bit of crackle at high bass volumes, but otherwise I'm pleased.
Desmac

Codger

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've tried a couple of sound docks and so far they just don't have the sound quality I'm looking for. Anyone found one that really sounds good and charges, rather than using a 1/8" cable?
I have one from Tannoy that works well with my iPod but they don't make one for the iPad.

Codger

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Found one that actually sounds good. Onkyo SBX300. Using it with the Alarm Clock HD app. Choosing the music that I want to wake up to is rather pleasant.

Paul80

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

LogiTech do one, it looks quite good and if my LogiTech PC Sound system is anything to go by it will probable sound good as well. PC World are doing them for £49.99 at the moment, which is also what they are doing a couple of Bluetooth iPad keyboards for as well, and one of those has sound as well.

Paul

Most reactions