What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dock - Paid Tweak

OP
Mickey330

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
...[snip description of problem]....then again this could be just happening on 4.3.2.

And that could be it. Because, using Dock, I can - close an app while it's open by either tapping the icon on the Dock or dragging it to the middle ... switch to another app while (a) in another app or (b) while at the homescreen ... drag a shortcut app off the Dock to the middle of the iPad to stop backgrounding ... remove an app from the shortcut list by dragging it all the way over to the other side from the Dock. All this (which is everything Dock advertises) with no crashes.

We know it's a new build for the iPad (Dec 2010). They probably haven't updated it/prepared for 4.3.1 or .2. ...

Is there anyone else out there running 4.2.1 that was interested enough in this Dock to get it? If so - do you have any issues?

Marilyn

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OUTL4W said:
When I pull a shortcut off the dock to close that is not in the native task bar switcher....the springboard crashes....then again this could be just happening on 4.3.2.

I'm on 4.3.2 and tried that and no problems.

incapete

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Quick question, is that Dock visible all the time or does it appear when you need it?

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
incapete said:
Quick question, is that Dock visible all the time or does it appear when you need it?

It will appear when you do the action you set it to respond to. I have it set to appear with a home button double click.

incapete

iPF Noob
Reaction score
grayshark95 said:
It will appear when you do the action you set it to respond to. I have it set to appear with a home button double click.

Perfect, thanks!

alphatan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sorry... i had a problem... Is Dock support iOS 4.3.3? I purchased it and installed... but cannot work.. no change at all.

alphatan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Finally can work already.... need to reboot few time then work.. :)

forgive me this noobs

OP
Mickey330

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry... it only can display one side? not both way....?

Yes, it will only display on the right hand side (if you have the Home button on the bottom). That side is the only side that will show the Dock, no matter how you orientate your screen.

I guess we wait for the developers to get around to actually making it so you can rotate it...

Marilyn

P.S. Oh, and glad you got it sorted out ... :D

LawPad2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought this a couple of days ago. Man, it's great. No serious issues thus far. Thx!

guthrien

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is pretty nice! I can't decide what I like better this method or the other. I've actually gotten to the point that I don't like using the home button, and it's a little less satisfying to back out of than touch to black, but the interface for seeing what you have on or adding shortcuts is so cool!

guthrien

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, here's a weird bug. Every time I check my dock it shows FaceTime is running. But it's not. And I don't have an errant activator set up to do it. Odd.

Most reactions

Latest posts