What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dock - Paid Tweak

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I just found this the other day, have been playing with it and now it's time to recommend it!

The app is called Dock and I think it was just updated recently to run on the iPad.

It allows you to (1) load as many icons (apps) you wish on a shortcut-like dock that accessible anywhere on the iPad. You can open/close apps, background apps, close backgrounded apps and switch between apps. I've stopped using Mutlifl0w, an appswitcher, because I like the looks and appearance of this Dock better.

The only thing about it is that you can tell it's a fresh make for the iPad because it only opens on one long side of the iPad (the right side if the iPad is in portrait with the home button on the bottom). I've written the developers and they say their plan is to make it so the Dock rotates with the iPad. We'll see...

But, it's perfectly usable as it is and, as I said, I prefer it for switching between apps.

I've attached a link to YouTube where I've made/uploaded a video showing what this does. Here's the link: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOYorrf3Fek"]Cydia Tweak: Dock (on iPad)[/ame]. I would have just made screenshots, but the Dock closes with a home screen button press ... no pictures possible. Thus, the video.

You can download a free 3-day trial from Cydia (obviously, it's only for jailbroken iPads). Then, if you like it, it's $4.99 (USD).

I am unsure if it'll work on iOSs higher than 4.2.1, but with a free trial, you'll not lose anything if it doesn't.

I like this for app switching and prefer it. But, and as always, YMMV.

Marilyn

Last edited by a moderator:

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Kewl...installed, thanx...
Would be better if when in landscape mode that the icons also rotated...but I'm sure in a future update.

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ohhhh....and I can confirm this working on 4.3.2…...

Just curious why it doesn't show cydia in the "dock"

Last edited:

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
grayshark95 said:
It does. I am just waiting for amazon to get back up so I can buy it!

You buy this one out with Cydia. It's the only thing I've been able to buy in the last 72 hours!

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Heres a screenie for anyone that's interested, taken whilst in the App Store.

Attachments

• image-3524902755.png
    image-3524902755.png
    153 KB · Views: 1,015

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Can anyone else confirm when dragging icons off the dock to close that are already closed....crashes the springboard?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
OUTL4W said:
Can anyone else confirm when dragging icons off the dock to close that are already closed....crashes the springboard?

Yes, don't know if it is every time, but often... Still testing

OP
Mickey330

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Can you explain more about your crashing?

Cause I'm not getting one.

I got a crash the first time I tried to load an app that uses/loads Mobile Substrate ... in my case, Overboard. Dock said something like "eeeek"! (yeah, that's technical, right?) and crashed hard. I had to hard reboot, which came back in safe mode and then, after taking Overboard off the shortcut list, I successfully respring. So, I came to the conclusion - careful what apps are put on Dock's shortcut list.

But that's the only time it's crashed for me. Realize, I'm not defending it - just trying to help get to the cause(es) of the problem.

I have uninstalled MultiFl0w and I don't have Backgrounder. So, this is my only appswitcher (well, other than Apple's, which still works fine with the doubleclick of the home button). Maybe that makes a difference?

Marilyn

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
When I pull a shortcut off the dock to close that is not in the native task bar switcher....the springboard crashes....then again this could be just happening on 4.3.2.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Me too. Puts me into safe mode. Have tried as many combinations of settings as possible, no difference though.

Most reactions

Latest posts