What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you turn off your iPad or not?

iPadOhana

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I hope this isn't too stupid of a question because I couldn't find the answer in a search. But, do you turn your iPad off or just leave it on all the time. I know for my iPhone I power it off every couple of weeks and let it fully run down once a month. Is there something that should be done similar for the iPad?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TheX

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iPadOhana said:
I hope this isn't too stupid of a question because I couldn't find the answer in a search. But, do you turn your iPad off or just leave it on all the time. I know for my iPhone I power it off every couple of weeks and let it fully run down once a month. Is there something that should be done similar for the iPad?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I leave mine on all the time unless the battery is low and I can't charge it. Which is like never.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

iKarnt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.adapt.com.au
You can turn it off? Lol (jokes). When you use a computer you notice if you never close any applications, they pile up down in the task bar, the more apps you run, the more resources your system will use, same applys for iPads. Apps that suck wifi signals, do constant processing etc will gobble up energy reserves just sitting there. So close down apps that your not using, this is done via the multitasking function.

8nobody8

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I only ever turn it off when something isn't right. Like it's a big laggy or an app is playing up. I find it's like a hard reset.

Also I have found that if you turn it off and on before an iTunes sync (only done after serious app downloads for backup purposes). It syncs a he'll of a lot quicker than just plugging it in and syncing

TheX

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iKarnt said:
You can turn it off? Lol (jokes). When you use a computer you notice if you never close any applications, they pile up down in the task bar, the more apps you run, the more resources your system will use, same applys for iPads. Apps that suck wifi signals, do constant processing etc will gobble up energy reserves just sitting there. So close down apps that your not using, this is done via the multitasking function.

Turning off push notifications for programs that you don't care to get them from can help save on Battery life as well

Sent from my iPad using iPF

ipfuser653

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've only turned it off a couple of times so far. It doesn't need to be and the battery life while sleeping is far longer than I leave it alone for :)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
What you are doing with your iPhone is pretty much what is recommended for the iPad. You can treat it the same way. Or if you like, turning it off more often won't hurt it either.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Be good to hear what the experts say about the battery in regards to running it low once a month or such.
If by "experts" you meant the folks that make the iPad, here is what they have to say --

ipad_battery.jpg

Here is the page from whence that came -- Apple - Batteries - iPad

thegreatone3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I turn it off at night and when I'm at work during the day. I figure I don't need push notifications when I'm asleep or not around. :) My iPhone is on pretty much 24/7.

Most reactions

Latest posts