What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you still have your (grandfathered) AT&T Unlimited Data Plan?

Do you still have your (grandfathered) AT&T Unlimited Data Plan?

• I have the AT&T Unlimited Data Plan BUT paid high for it on eBay/Craigslist/etc

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • WiFi only for me

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

zman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So who still has their AT&T unlimited data plan back in the iPad 1 days? :)

I've never exceeded 1GB/mo on mine, in fact my average is only like 400MB a month. I have always been tempted on selling my plan for big money but I always thought I'd need it someday.

XDRoX

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We have a couple laying around. I called AT&T a few weeks ago and they told me if I buy a new iPad with AT&T I can transfer my unlimited plan to it. I spoke to two different people because I thought they wouldn't allow it. Does that sound right?
Also I had no idea you could sell a plan to someone else.

OP
zman

zman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We have a couple laying around. I called AT&T a few weeks ago and they told me if I buy a new iPad with AT&T I can transfer my unlimited plan to it. I spoke to two different people because I thought they wouldn't allow it. Does that sound right?
Also I had no idea you could sell a plan to someone else.

You can definitely transfer it. Mine moved from iPad 1 to 2 to 3 (current). I'm waiting on a rMini LTE from BB.

Switching to different iPad:
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-air-...limited-data-plan-switched-over-ipad-air.html

Grandfathered ATT unl data plan can go higher than $1000:
At&T unlimited data plan ipad | eBay

Mitten

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I still have my AT&T unlimited data plan from my first iPad, and have transferred it twice without any problems. Rarely exceed a couple of GB in a month, but it sure is nice to have on long car trips for GPS, music and podcast streaming... I have been tempted to sell it, and probably will eventually, but for now, I'm holding onto it.

epletcher72

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If anyone wants to sell for a great price, contact me at Moderator Edit: do not show private email addresses.

Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions

Latest posts