What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you have to upgrade apps?

vickib

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello, I hope this is the best place to post this. My question concerns upgrading apps and whether I have to to continue using or to make the little red notification go away. I have an Ipad2, which my grandson has loaded with games. Since the Ipad3 (Or new Ipad) has come out so many of the games are coming out with huge updates, most of which are simply "optimized" for the new Ipad. Well, I don't have the New Ipad, and these 150-200 mega-bite updates are beginning to eat into my available storage capacity. Is there a way to just keep the version of the games he's using and get rid of that annoying little red update circle or is the only option to delete the app?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, your only options are to (1) accept the update, (2) ignore the update and that little red badge, or (3) delete the app so you won't have to see the update badge. That's it, I'm afraid, cause that little red badge will not go away.

One thing to remember if you delete the app - the next time you go to download it (if you decide you want it back), you will be downloading the full, updated version. So, that big file will land on your iPad.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but that's how Apple does it.

Marilyn

OP
V

vickib

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yep, what I had already read somewhere else, so I came here for confirmation. Don't much like it but like you said, its how Apple does it .

Most reactions

Latest posts