What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do multiple diPads connected to same iCloud account all share 5G space?

bbmountain

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't seem to find the answer to this question anywhere. The answer will probably determine how I set up my new iPad when it arrives. Do multiple iPads linked to the same iCloud account both share the 5G total free storage or does each device get allotted 5G? And I guess I'm assuming that if 2 iPads share an iCloud account that each iPad's backup doesn't overwrite the other's backup...is this correct?

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
bbmountain said:
I can't seem to find the answer to this question anywhere. The answer will probably determine how I set up my new iPad when it arrives. Do multiple iPads linked to the same iCloud account both share the 5G total free storage or does each device get allotted 5G? And I guess I'm assuming that if 2 iPads share an iCloud account that each iPad's backup doesn't overwrite the other's backup...is this correct?

To answer Your question a different way, one 'free' iCloud account is allotted 5G of storage space. You can back up as many iDevices to the cloud with this one account. Each device can consume up to 5g be it one or many. I have 3 iPads. I am subscribed to iCloud services and I have 25G. The 3 iPads have consumed 6G of space just for backup files. Since each iPad has its own identifier, one iPad's backup file will not be over written by another. I hope this helps you understand. Another simplistic way to think about iCloud storage is to think of it as a flash drive.

Most reactions

Latest posts