What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do itunes gift cards and funds ever expire?

GAMESHARQ

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I redeemed a gift card a few months ago and I still have a balance left on my account to use. Do I have to worry about these funds ever expiring?

Also, someone gave me a gift card for Christmas which I still haven't redeemed yet. Do I have to worry about that expiring before I redeem it? Should I redeem it now?

Last edited:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Whether or not the gift cards have an expiry date can depend on where you live.I live in Saskatchewan,Canada.Provincial law in Saskatchewan prohibits expiry dates on gift cards,no matter what the card or the terms of service say about expiry dates.

Last edited:

saphire

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thank you, I normally purchase programs with my credit card in iTunes then delete it half an hour later. I have read that itunes can be breached and details taken. So i am thinking a gift card would be a much safer option.

OP
G

GAMESHARQ

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Whether or not the gift cards have an expiry date can depend on where you live.I live in Saskatchewan,Canada.Provincial law in Saskatchewan prohibits expiry dates on gift cards,no matter what the card or the terms of service say about expiry dates.

I live in the U.S.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You would have to check with your local government as to whether they allow expiry dates on gift cards or not.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I bought an iTunes card for my Mother about 7 years ago and helped her redeem it (bought a few songs). To this day her unused balance from that card is available; I can't get her to actually buy anything on her own. It's a U.S. account.

Czevski

iPF Novice
Reaction score
saphire said:
Thank you, I normally purchase programs with my credit card in iTunes then delete it half an hour later. I have read that itunes can be breached and details taken. So i am thinking a gift card would be a much safer option.

Leaving a small amount from a gift card will keep the account active and allow you to see if your account is breached (if you remember the amount!). If its a small amount you can't loose much, as you could if a credit card was stolen.

Most reactions

Latest posts