What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do I have to sync to get latest podcasts onto iPad?

wahoowad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've never had an iPod or other player so am new to podcasts. I subscribed to one a few weeks ago (This American Life) but new episodes never appear on my iPad. Am I required to sync with iTunes to pick up new episodes? Or do they get pushed to the iPad over my wifi connection? Do the old ones delete after some time or do they continue to take up space until I manually delete them? :confused:

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
yes you must sync with your pc to download podcasts.

However you can open itunes on the ipad and listen to podcasts if there is one you dont have downloaded.

also you may want to search for programs like mediaFly that let you download all your podcasts in the app without needing to sync with a computer.

emm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Most of my podcasts have a "Get new episodes" link underneath their listing on the iPad. You don't have to sync with the computer for each new episode. It takes just a minute or so.

Blackhart

iPF Noob
Reaction score
"Get more episodes" has always been there if your 3G you can't download anything over 20mg you'll need wifi for that
The "get" will be at the bottom of each podcast you have
The app PODCASTER can alert you when a new podcast is out and stream or download over the 20mg cap it's like your iPod app not sure if it gets all podcasts but the 30 i listen to are there

Most reactions