What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Podcasts - No more "Get More Episodes" on Ipad

NYG

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been an Itouch user for several years and just got an Ipad 2 today. On my Itouch I can get additional podcasts by clicking on the "Get More Episodes" button.

PROBLEM

On the Ipad 2 I do not see that feature. Am I doing something wrong.

The loss of this feature adds a lot of time and complexity to my morning. I listen to podcasts everyday. Now I have to go to iTunes and search for each one everytime.

Moderation Notice: This post has been edited by the iPadForums staff in accordance with the Forum Rules No links

Last edited by a moderator:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
One of the things that went away when iOS 5 introduced the Music app. There's are several threads around here somewhere, on all the things that people have found irritating about the change.

If it were intelligent enough to take you to a page related to what you are viewing, that would be nice, but it just goes to the main Featured store page. I'm guessing they added it for constancy, to make it a bit more like iBooks.

At the moment, all you can do is send Apple feedback, and hope they realize how much people miss the old features from the iPod app.

Apple - iPad - Feedback

OP
N

NYG

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I added screen shots in my above post but I did not know it was not allowed.

Sorry.

OP
N

NYG

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The "get more episodes" icon took me directly to that podcast's feed so I could select a new episode of that podcast. Now I have to create a new search and look for it and then download it. The Itouch still has the feature, why would the Ipad be different?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Yes, quite a few of the old features were kept in the iPhone and iPod Touch versions. That's another point of irritation. It seems arbitrary, or negligent on Apple's part.

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I added screen shots in my above post but I did not know it was not allowed.

Sorry.
No problem...the links didn't work for some reason.

If you're using our website you can easily post screenshots using the forum's upload feature located in the editing toolbar. Just click on the button, locate your photos and upload them.

Screen Shot 2011-12-03 at 12.43.58 AM.png

If you're using our iPad App just click on "Advanced" in the top toolbar and then on "Attach From Photos".

IMG_0030.PNG

Last edited:

Confusuisse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple is very disappointing these times. Some great new things, such as iCloud, but they suppress these kind of very useful feature, for no real good reason, and I'm not speaking of all the application sudden termination into Lion or iPad APPLE applications! Yes, we must all complain directly to them.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
You may want to download a podcast app like MediaFly(free) that lets you manage podcasts on the iPhone/iPad and even auto download new episodes. There are a ton of these type of apps, not all are free.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple ruined a good number of music app features with iOS 5.

I switched to Downcast for podcast management and downloading. $1.99, with great reviews. It's worked well for me.

Most reactions

Latest posts