What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do i buy the extended warrenty?

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
nononana said:
i didn't buy the extended warrenty, i think it is unnecessary, buy whether buy or not, it all depends on you.

I didn't either. I have found that electronics have a tendency to crap the bed within the first year, usually the first month, if they are bad. The lack of moving parts in most devices these days eliminates a lot of the wear and tear issues where a warranty might come in handy. I remember the days of the VCR and how complex those could get. iPads though are elegantly simple in many ways and are likely to either work right away or NOT work right away. YMMV :)

Roger1122

iPF Noob
Reaction score
psy said:
My bank account comes with extras I.e. breakdown insurance phone insurance etc.
I phoned them today to register iPad for gadget insurance and they said I get extended warranty on any electrical items I register that were purchased within 3 mths

Hi, Psy.

Which bank is that? My Amex card used to offer similar insurance which also covered theft, but that was before I retired and switched from gold card to the standard one.

Roger

tazz3

iPF Novice
Reaction score
dont buy that plan if you want a good warrntey for ipad check out mack warrntys evey good

Most reactions