What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do Apple developers read these forums?

Gazzaho

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If the question is no then I guess this post is wasted. If yes then could a developer confirm that a problem exists with wallpaper sizing and scaling with IOS 7 and more to the point is in the process of being resolved?

Do we have to junk every wallpaper that doesn't exactly fit the screen? For the life of me I can't get one picture to display properly in both orientations, a picture displays properly in portrait but scales to the width instead of height in landscape, how freakin hard can it be to scale a portrait image to the height and add a border to both sides when the device is rotated.

You added a gimmick with the parallax view and zooming icons, both of which are useless cosmetic additions and decided to screw up a feature that every user wants in having a picture of their choice as a backdrop on their homepage. I'm not the only user with this problem, below is a link to your support page on this issue.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5318510?start=345&tstart=0

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes we have 300,000 members and a guess several hundred developers whom are members. In addition we get about 5000 hits a second on our web site which averages from 2000 to 10000. In respect to Apple engineers we have no idea. This is the largest private iPad forum world wide and I am sure many Apple employees read our threads. If you have any serious concerns about problems that cannot be answered here I suggest you contact Apple Direct.

OP
G

Gazzaho

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes we have 300,000 members and a guess several hundred developers whom are members. In addition we get about 5000 hits a second on our web site which averages from 2000 to 10000. In respect to Apple engineers we have no idea. This is the largest private iPad forum world wide and I am sure many Apple employees read our threads. If you have any serious concerns about problems that cannot be answered here I suggest you contact Apple Direct.

If you read the link I gave there are 24 pages of irate users with the same problem, the few that have done what you suggest have been given some less than helpful advice on the subject, one "advisor" suggested the non-scaling was a feature of the new OS which contradicts the text on the wallpaper settings screen, move and scale do not work properly, you can scale a picture in but not out to suit a landscape orientation. This seems a strange feature to implement when it worked perfectly fine before the upgrade.

The reason I asked here was on the off chance that someone from Apple with direct knowledge would answer the question, and not some help desk "advisor" reading from a script, or quite simply not having an answer and waffling in order to cover their ignorance of the problem. Wasting money and time on a phone call to be told nothing constructive isn't helpful to customers and will result in the loss of said customers.

Last edited:

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Neither this forum nor the Apple support community is read by Apple Developers. Both are solely user-to-user support

OP
G

Gazzaho

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Neither this forum nor the Apple support community is read by Apple Developers. Both are solely user-to-user support

I'm not trying to be confrontational but the administrator col.bris above would seem to disagree with your statement.

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I mean overall, it's possible that an app developer comes around and looks, or possibly an iOS developer reads the forums. But how much of it do they actually absorb, or rather how much of what they read actually goes where it goes. A more direct way to get Apple's attention, would be the amount of one problem that's been brought to the attention of the Genius Bar as they do keep statistics, particularly the appointment making and the questions involved. That or you can bring up lawsuits and they'll definitely get your attention.

OP
G

Gazzaho

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I mean overall, it's possible that an app developer comes around and looks, or possibly an iOS developer reads the forums. But how much of it do they actually absorb, or rather how much of what they read actually goes where it goes. A more direct way to get Apple's attention, would be the amount of one problem that's been brought to the attention of the Genius Bar as they do keep statistics, particularly the appointment making and the questions involved. That or you can bring up lawsuits and they'll definitely get your attention.

Ok I get the gist of what you're saying, basically the bigger the corporation gets the less they listen, or care, about their customers needs. I pretty much knew when I posted this thread that it was an exercise in futility but I had to give it a try.

At present I've no idea if they're fixing or even aware of the wallpaper problem I and others are experiencing, that's why I started the thread. Apple introduce a new OS which they know will have bugs, give no simple clear way for customers to revert back if they experience problems, then to cap it all give no feedback on any issues whatever, in this day and age of communications and information it seems very hard to get any type of meaningful communication or information.

They jumped on the Control Centre exploit immediately, not because it was reported by customers, or for that matter the security issue but because they knew it could lead to loss of revenue. I wonder if the current resident of the White House asked would he get a clear honest answer? Something tells me he would even have problems LOL.

Most reactions

Latest posts