What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Distortion when connected to TV

Timmerg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I connected my 3rd gen iPad to my new Samsung tv using Apple's HDMI dongle. All the audio output from the iPad appears to be at full volume and comes through the tv very distorted. This happens with Netflix, podcasts, and music. All volume controls on the iPad disappear when connected. Is there a way to lower the outgoing signal to reduce the distortion?

Roy Rob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Timmerg said:
I connected my 3rd gen iPad to my new Samsung tv using Apple's HDMI dongle. All the audio output from the iPad appears to be at full volume and comes through the tv very distorted. This happens with Netflix, podcasts, and music. All volume controls on the iPad disappear when connected. Is there a way to lower the outgoing signal to reduce the distortion?

I had a look at the dongle and read a few reviews about it. Not really impressive for the price considering you can get an Apple TV box for the same price. I would return it if you can Timmerg and get your money back. Other than that I can only suggest that you try lowering the volume on your iPad before you stream any videos.

OP
T

Timmerg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The physical volume controls don't work when the iPad is plugged in and the sliders disappear from every app.

Most reactions

Latest posts