What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Disney prepares to embrace the Apple iPad

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
6a00d8341c630a53ef0120a882578d970b-300wi

When Walt Disney chief Bob Iger attended Apple Inc.'s unveiling of the new iPad two weeks ago in San Francisco, it seemed only a matter of time before content deals were announced.

Iger told Wall Street investors during Disney's earnings call Tuesday that the Burbank entertainment conglomerate plans to develop casual games and other forms of entertainment for the portable device, including digital books and a new and improved version of ESPN's ScoreCenter app on the iPhone, which provides real-time sores for more than 500 sports leagues around the world.

"We find that the iPad has a lot of potential," Iger said. "We think it's a really compelling device. We think it could be a game-changer in terms of enabling us to create essentially new forms of content."
Read the rest of the article @ Disney joins rush to embrace Apple's iPad | Technology | Los Angeles Times

DG~X

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I can see a cartoon coming out of this. Put legs and arms on the ipad and its ready to go!

iDoug

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The iPad is great for Disney because of all the kids movies they have and if anyone has kids, they know that they will watch Shrek 100 times in a row if they can! I think it will be great to keep kids entertained on trips or anywhere else you can think of because of its portability and battery life :ipad-movie:

DG~X

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The iPad is great for Disney because of all the kids movies they have and if anyone has kids, they know that they will watch Shrek 100 times in a row if they can! I think it will be great to keep kids entertained on trips or anywhere else you can think of because of its portability and battery life :ipad-movie:

Haha. Try 500! My little cousin is watching it right now for like the 500 time! He knows word by word. The thing that scares me is there is going to be a new Shrek coming out in may i believe. Good thing is thats the last one.xD

iDoug

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Haha your iPad has it's work cutout for it then :D

Most reactions

Latest posts