What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moving movies from one iPad to another

johneasley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No doubt this has come up before and I'm hoping the really clever folks on here will have a solution. In our household, I have an iPad 2 and it is set to sync to my laptop. My wife has her own iPad 2 that is set to sync to her laptop. I have downloaded a movie through iTunes. It plays on my laptop or iPad with no problem. I have deleted it from my iPad for the time being. My wife would like to put the movie on her iPad for a trip she will be taking soon. I copied the movie from my laptop to hers and dragged it into the Movies folder on her iTunes. However, when I synced her iPad to her laptop, the movie did not copy over to her iPad. A message popped up saying something about her computer wasn't authorized. Apparently, some coding has been inserted in the movie file to alert iTunes that it was downloaded by me. Does anyone know of a way to share the movie between us? It would only be on one iPad at a time. What steps should I take to make this happen or is it just not possible?

Thanks. Happy holidays.

Donkichot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
PhotoSync is the best app for moving pictures and movies between pc and mac and ipad or ipod.
All wifi in the Photos app.
You can move pictures and vidéos between directly from ipad to or from ipod.
In fact it worked in all direction between pc, mac, ipod iphone and ipad all wifi !
And you can choose any albums in the Photos app !

slothead

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
tjmanson1.wordpress.com
Yes but can it move rented or purchased movies? I don't see anything about that in the webad.

- edit -

Answer: No, it cannot transfer movies rented or purchased from iTunes. I just heard this from the source (Helmut).

Last edited:

Donkichot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
slothead said:
Yes but can it move rented or purchased movies? I don't see anything about that in the webad.

- edit -

Answer: No, it cannot transfer movies rented or purchased from iTunes. I just heard this from the source (Helmut).

Yes, but for purchased movies, iCloud does move them around now with iOs-5 !

Most reactions

Latest posts