What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Disapearing icons

Pauley

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Nice in a while, when I wake the ipad by opening the cover, my icons are gone. I have to shut down and restart to get them back. A bit annoying. Any ideas on what's happening and how to correct it? Or wait for another IOS update that may fix it....

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Nice in a while, when I wake the ipad by opening the cover, my icons are gone. I have to shut down and restart to get them back. A bit annoying. Any ideas on what's happening and how to correct it? Or wait for another IOS update that may fix it....

What screen do you see first? Is it like this, with your own wallpaper of course?
e8y8aran.jpg

Sorry if you already know this and I'm not helping....but as the screen shows, you need to swipe across to get your main screen with the icons. Or if that's not it let us know further.
Andrew

Sent from Oz using Tapatalk

OP
P

Pauley

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What screen do you see first? Is it like this, with your own wallpaper of course? Sorry if you already know this and I'm not helping....but as the screen shows, you need to swipe across to get your main screen with the icons. Or if that's not it let us know further. Andrew Sent from Oz using Tapatalk
No, that not it. When I first swipe the screen to get to my icons, the first page of icons are gone (sometimes) but the second page of icons are there....thanks for the reply... Pauley EDITED
Moderation notice: This post has been edited by the iPadForums staff in accordance with theForum Rules No External Links

Last edited by a moderator:

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Try to reset your iPad. Maybe this will fix it: press and hold Home and Power button until the Apple logo appears.

OP
P

Pauley

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Try to reset your iPad. Maybe this will fix it: press and hold Home and Power button until the Apple logo appears.

When it happens, that is what I do. However, it will sometimes happen again.

Pauley

Last edited by a moderator:

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
OTA means over the air, which you did, on your iPad.

Then you should try the following suggestions:
On your computer, install the latest version of iTunes. Then connect your iPad to it, back it up and restore it:
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1766

That done, reset it again.

Last edited:

Most reactions