What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Disable animated gifs?

Luminous Dreamer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all... Is there a way to disable animated gifs on the iPad? I did an advanced search on here with different wording variables, and I didn't have any luck. Appreciate any input! Thanks!

OP
L

Luminous Dreamer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, Twerppoet! Not what I wanted to hear. I enjoy a certain forum where the folks on there LOVE using VERY animated emoticons (gifs) in staggering excess. I find it incredibly distracting!! When I'm on my laptop, I view the forum through Internet Explorer where I can disable the animations...they don't disappear, they just, blissfully, don't freakin MOVE.

I prefer to use Safari on my laptop, and use it for everything else except this particular "emoticon-happy" place I visit. I think I can add some plug-in in safari to block gifs, but have never done it.

I really wish there was a way to do this on the iPad ... BUMMER... If anyone else knows a trick, I'd be very thankful.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The iCab Mobile browser has more tweaks filters and plug-ins than any other third-party browser I know about. It might be possible to create your own filter to filter out gif files; but I'm not sure of that, or how well it would work.

That's all I've got. Sorry

OP
L

Luminous Dreamer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just a quick thanks to twerppoet! ... the iCab Mobile enabled me to disable the animations! Thanks! While not a perfect solution (in that everything *disappears*, i.e., avatars, etc), it does make the emoticons inactive! It still baffles me why this can't be an easy thing to do (to disable animated gifs). Thanks again!

Most reactions

Latest posts