What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Directv not working.

texasez

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On a jb ipad 3, directv no longer works. I used the Xcon fix for a while but it will not work now. Is there another solution available?

Redneck_Randy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Xcon is all there is for getting Directv to work on a jailbroken iPad. Read some of the reviews for the DTV app and it seems the app maybe broken it's self. Is it stalling at the DTV logo ? If so it's the app that is broke. It's was upadted Aug 8 2012

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, there is nothing else at the moment. All you can do is go to the develop and "open a ticket" about DirecTV not working. I am sure he will be glad to near that - and I understand he is very good at updating xCon.

Wait - I just looked in Cydia ... have you taken a look at the tweak "DirecTV iPad Patch"? Granted, it was last updated 9 June 1012, but maybe it'll work?

Marilyn

activ8xp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The fix as of today is as follows:

in Cydia add the repo: n00neimp0rtant.dyndns.org/repo

Then browse for Xcon

I suspect most of you are way behind on the version, the latest is Version 37 beta 6 and does
fix the directv app, I have streaming video and can see all my receivers on my ipad "3"

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The fix as of today is as follows:

in Cydia add the repo: n00neimp0rtant.dyndns.org/repo

Then browse for Xcon

I suspect most of you are way behind on the version, the latest is Version 37 beta 6 and does
fix the directv app, I have streaming video and can see all my receivers on my ipad "3"

Thanks for the update. I am sure there are many who will be very happy for this news.

Marilyn

mwhartman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Earlier this evening, I added the DircTV app to my jailbroken iPad2. The app installed but when I tried to open I was informed that the app would not work on a jailbroken iPad.

I just added n00neimp0rtant.dyndns.org/repo to my sources, searched foe XCon and installed. I was able to open the DircTV app and enter my account information.

When I tried to watch a movie or series I received:

Video Player

Video streaming is
temporarily unavailable. Please try again later. (2100) I found this on the DircTV technical forum:
http://forums.directv.com/pe/elementDisplayRedirect.jsp?elementID=11052434 It appears this has nothing to due with being jailbroken but I may be wrong.

Anyone else have the same issue?

Most reactions

Latest posts