What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Difficulty syncing moveis (MP4's) to Ipad (1st gen).

NLAlston

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't know what's going on, but ITunes keeps crashing when I try to sync movies to the ITunes library. Out of, maybe, 10 (or better) attempts, I succeeded in getting just ONE to sync. About seven attempts before that, and another two afterward, I was plagued with the dreaded crashing. Might ANYONE have an idea which may help me out?

Advanced thanks.

PS: By the way, I am now with the newest firmware update on my IPad, and also the newest ITunes version. But this problem was existent even before the upgrading (which took place just tonight).

OP
N

NLAlston

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Wow, I guess that no one else (as yet) has undergone similar.

It's a very exasperating thing for me, because there was indeed a time when I was able to get my movies into ITunes. I have tried everything that I could think of, to correct the issue, but to no success. I had even thought to trying Media Monkey, and gave it a shot. But here's the thing with that: If I have my IPad already connected tot he PC, and open Media Monkey, that program will immediately crash - each and every time. If I open Media Monkey first, it will function fine. That is, until I connect my IPad to the computer. Then, Media Monkey will crash.

Is there no one who might be able to give me a hint of what I am likely to be dealing with? It is very important that I am able to get movies, and other video tutorials on my IPad.

Again, advanced thanks.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, long shot here, could you be out of RAM on your PC/Mac? Maybe worth checking what is running in the background and try and close as much as possible.

OP
N

NLAlston

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ok, long shot here, could you be out of RAM on your PC/Mac? Maybe worth checking what is running in the background and try and close as much as possible.

Gabriel1, I thank you so much for responding.

I am on a Win-64bit PC, with 8GB's of RAM installed. I don't really know how to go about checking what's running in the background - and closing programs, and wonder if you could direct me down that avenue. I may be in the right area, but don't know for sure - and don't want to do something that might mess me up. What I DID do was to go to the Windows Task manager, and read the following:
Processes: 98
CPU Usage: Fluctuated between 1-5%
Physical memory: 25%
Performance: (Memory) 2.07GB

Now, I don't know if it would have been the right thing to do by closing down all of those 98 processes, or if I am supposed to something else - somewhere else.
Please advise, if you have another spare moment.

And, again, I thank you.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Don't close everything, some of the stuff running may be critical processes. If you have 8GB of RAM then that sounds like plenty. Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you look at it) I don't use windows so I'm not going to be a great deal of help....hopefully someone else will chip in with some ideas.....remember that we are a worldwide forum so someone with the right answer may not be online right now.

Most reactions

Latest posts