What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Different Logic Board

FinestHops

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I am repairing some iPads for the school I work at that are far out of warranty. Replacing screens, swapping logic boards and so forth. I came across not 1 but 2 ipads that do not have a standard iPad2 logic board. These are legitimate iPads purchased through apple. I have been trying to find out anything I can about these but I can not find a single thing about them.

Model: A1395

As you can see in the image, the right is the normal type I find in almost all our other iPads and the type that if you were to purchase one, would be the type you would find. But the one on the left is a different type that I have never seen before. The top connectors and that side connector are different. On the left, there is a ribbon cable that goes to a board along the top to connect to the power and volume buttons as well as the rear facing camera. Normally, that is all handled by a cable that goes between the cables. Any ideas?

ipad.jpg

Brian 244

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There were 2 versions of iPad 2s. The first version was the one with the cable running across to the battery to a daughter board attached to the volume power cable and rear camera.

The second was a 2012 redesign, released with the iPad 3. The daughter board was removed as well as the cable across the battery.

You can distinguish them by model number. The original is EMC 2415 , the second version IS EMC2560.

OP
FinestHops

FinestHops

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I didnt know that. Thank you for your response. Knowing that version number for the board just opened up a whole new load of search results and can now hopefully get at least 1 more ipad functional. We have had a nasty issue of some ipads never being updated and the hardware bricking when updated to the latest version in 1 shot.

Most reactions

Latest posts