What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is the aerodynamic profile of an Ipad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bubbalue

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Short tale of woe, and before I get deluged with thinly veiled innuendos of theft, please save the time and bandwidth.

1. Dropped Ipad 1 and cracked screen.
2. Being one who likes to maintain his own, I decided to fix myself.
3. Broke fragile cable connectors on logic board installing screen.
4. FINALLY found a used one on Ebay from a "gold star" seller.
5. Installed logic board and screen. everything was rosy until Itunes would not activate.
6. Discovered that used logic board was registered with Apple. (The Ipad could have been stolen from some sweet old lady, I don't know and can't find out I sent emails to the "gold star" ebay seller in an attempt to trace the donor Ipad)
7. Discovered that Apple can reset serial numbers.
8. After enduring the Apple Tech support maze, I took a position in Samsung stock.
9. Looking for options...

I do have a German Sheppard that I'm training to fetch.

Last edited:

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Please be more clear on what you exactly want.
Thanks.

Sent from K48AP, the classic

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Short tale of woe, and before I get deluged with thinly veiled innuendos of theft, please save the time and bandwidth.

1. Dropped Ipad 1 and cracked screen.
Bonehead move, but ok.
2. Being one who likes to maintain his own, I decided to fix myself.
3. Broke fragile cable connectors on logic board installing screen.
4. FINALLY found a used one on Ebay from a "gold star" seller.
Bonehead moves #2, 3 and 4. No sympathy.
5. Installed logic board and screen. everything was rosy until Itunes would not activate.
6. Discovered that used logic board was registered with Apple. (The Ipad could have been stolen from some sweet old lady, I don't know and can't find out I sent emails to the "gold star" ebay seller in an attempt to trace the donor Ipad)
7. Discovered that Apple can reset serial numbers.
Better treatment than you deserved.
8. After enduring the Apple Tech support maze, I took a position in Samsung stock.
9. Looking for options...

Wrong forum. Go post in a Samsung forum for advice about alternate options. Sounds like Apple did you a solid when they clearly did not have to

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ok guys, we've had some tales of iPad woe, reference to dog training, and some members no longer sure of what the purpose of the thread was. So this thread is closed now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions