What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Did you buy your iPad or was it a gift?

Did you buy your iPad or was it a gift?

• I bought my iPad

Votes: 361 66.7%
  • It was a gift

Votes: 180 33.3%

• Total voters

MetalGirl91

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
Wow - that is one kind Dad!!

Tim

Yes I know! Well I did put a great deal of effort into my grades.. Worked really hard and all. But I was still shocked to get the iPad, I never expected that! I'm still very grateful :) I'm taking it with me to go to uni this September. Can't wait to show it off to my fellow vet school students :D

Came010

iPF Noob
Reaction score
5teve said:
Sorry, Dude, I missed your question earlier.
Nobody else has answered so I'll give it my best shot.
There is no direct way to insert an SD card into an iPad (1 or 2) BUT you can try one of 2 options. You can buy a gizmo, costing £25 from the Apple Store which doubles as an SD card reader and also has a slot to plug in your camera USB lead. This takes info from the SD card and puts it on your iPad. This works with iPad 1 and 2. It works with photo images and movie clips but as for other stuff like maybe Audio books or e-books, I just don't know.
The second option is to take a punt on a guy selling a very similar thing for under £5, including UK postage. on ebay (uk). I took the risk and got one and it works perfectly. Other folk told me that theirs was totally empty inside but that the seller sent a replacement straight away with no fuss.
Whether you want to risk that is down to you.
In fact, I'll try to upload various file types later tonight on an iPad 2 and let you know which work and which don't.
I should point out that I have absolutely no connection with the guy selling the cheapo doofahs.

Cheers,
Steve

Thanks Steve. I have a lot to learn about iPad.

Came010

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Came010 said:
Thanks Steve. I have a lot to learn about iPad.

Looks like I shouldn't have asked that question here .. Sorry folks, I've got even Moore to learn.

zambeezi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We moved 2 weks ago and now I spend 5 hours on the train to work and back. To make up for this my wife got me a 32gb wifi & 3G iPad 2. I'm blessed with a loving wife (got to make sure she read this)...

Coralee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got mine for my 60th bday from my husband, was such a great gift and I just love it

LadyBVV

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got it for my 16 birthday in may as a gift from my grandma who lives in USA...in Estonia the ipad 2 comes out in september or october i think so i was one of the first people to have it here.

LawPad2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wife bought mine, so yea, I paid for it. She did stand outside the apple store for two hours, though.

Most reactions

Latest posts