What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Did the iPad disapoint you?

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not sure how anyone could be disappointed in a product that isn't even out yet. I'm sure there are quite a few more features that Apple hasn't let out of the bag yet, give it time.

I just want them to hurry up and get the pre-order going so I can get my order in.

smudgeyjoe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can't Wait

First of all, I can't wait, same as Superbike81. I am tired of hearing surmisal with nothing hard to digest, a merger between Adobe and Apple, Steve Job's having an iPad surgically implanted on his left thigh. My response to the question this thread poses is that everything depends on software development. What we see right now may not be impressive, just iPhone crossovers, but when developers have time to work on content, the iPad could be the hottest thing around. That is why I think Apple is making a mistake not making more info available. The developers will only want to be developers if they think there is money to be made. I read things about AT & T, and Slingbox, but when I contact either of them, they are at least officially in the dark. When I stopped in at AT & T at my local mall, they didn't even know what an iPad was. They thought it was something you use to protect a detached cornea.:D

iDoug

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah I think that when people actually start holding them and playing around with all the new BA apps that they will change their minds quickly :)

mac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Only slightly disappointed with the hardware. It's an empty box after all until it's got some software. Not that worried about the lack of bells and whistles. I guess I was just hoping for the equivalent power of my now 3+ year old MacBook Pro so that it could run a full OS, which would provide more flexibility when filling it with the software that will make it useful (and thus make it more useful). I was hoping to be able to toss my old MacBookPro.

I would have liked a more innovative on-screen keyboard solution. And rather than stick rigidly to a smooth aluminium back for some purity of form ideal I would have liked some kind of contouring so that it can be held with one hand and operated/typed on with the other when standing or sitting somewhere with no desk (or the ability to put your knees up). But I guess we'll see stick-on handholds appearing from third party suppliers.

Last edited:

Ninja

iPF Noob
Reaction score
<snip> The 3G sim is a new breed in being micro sized, maybe there's a reason for that?

I read an article somewhere that the reason for the different form factor SIM card was to prevent you from taking the SIM card out of your iPhone and putting it in the iPad when you wanted to use it. Who really wants to pay for a data plan for the iPhone and the iPad?

Ninja

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Only slightly disappointed with the hardware. It's an empty box after all until it's got some software. Not that worried about the lack of bells and whistles. I guess I was just hoping for the equivalent power of my now 3+ year old MacBook Pro so that it could run a full OS, which would provide more flexibility when filling it with the software that will make it useful (and thus make it more useful). I was hoping to be able to toss my old MacBookPro.

I would have liked a more innovative on-screen keyboard solution. And rather than stick rigidly to a smooth aluminium back for some purity of form ideal I would have liked some kind of contouring so that it can be held with one hand and operated/typed on with the other when standing or sitting somewhere with no desk (or the ability to put your knees up). But I guess we'll see stick-on handholds appearing from third party suppliers.

Actually, I am looking forward to seeing competing devices using the NVidia Tegra 2 SOC which is, apparently, more advanced than Apple's SOC.

mac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Actually, I am looking forward to seeing competing devices using the NVidia Tegra 2 SOC which is, apparently, more advanced than Apple's SOC.

Good tip. This is a very interesting piece of information. I like. Thanks Ninja.

goodgod

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was not disappointed. It's about what I expected. I just want something that can get online, get to YouTube, playback a bit of music and some video.

IGonz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Not disappointed at all. Since I've had the Itouch for over a year and the iPhone 3gs I always wanted a larger version.
Just give me my Slingplayer and other apps I am using.

What ever extra comes with it is a plus.

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Actually, there is one thing I'm disappointed about, and it's not directly related to the iPad, but the iPad advertising campaign.

I *really really* wish that Apple would remove the word "magical" out of it's iPad advertisement. That is such a terrible word! You aren't marketing this device to 4 year olds who believe in magic, you are marketing this to adults, come up with a better adjective to describe the iPad.

terry

iPF Noob
Reaction score
<snip> The 3G sim is a new breed in being micro sized, maybe there's a reason for that?

I read an article somewhere that the reason for the different form factor SIM card was to prevent you from taking the SIM card out of your iPhone and putting it in the iPad when you wanted to use it. Who really wants to pay for a data plan for the iPhone and the iPad?
So ones current data plan won't work for the ipad? One would have to get 2 data plans?

Ninja

iPF Noob
Reaction score

So ones current data plan won't work for the ipad? One would have to get 2 data plans?

That is the way I understand it at the moment.

We will have to see when the device actually ships.

rudeman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was hoping that they had more content available for it at the time of the unveiling. Like magazines and more news type media.

Other than that quit impressed. Very elegant machine.

As far as Flash I'm with Steve Jobs. The heck with Flash. HTML5 is the way to go. Other web sites are will be switching over from flash like Hulu.

Apple rules

Most reactions