What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Message screen is skewed

Dakota37

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am having a bit of a problem with my mini ipad. When I enter the message screen or any screen that I am going to use the keyboard, I am unable to see what I am writing as the keyboard has risen almost half way up the page. I can hide the keyboard but when I touch the place where I am to type the kb raises up and I can not see where to type. I am able btw to pull down the screen under the kb but then most of the reading screen is hidden behind the board.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Raise up the keyboard. Then tap and hold the keyboard icon at the bottom right of the keyboard. You should get a popup with "Dock" and "Split" written in it. Slide to Dock, to get the keyboard back to the bottom of your screen.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well, Johanna beat me to the draw while I was obtaining the screen capture below for anyone who wants a visual of an 'undocked' KB - :) Dave
IMG_8548.PNG

OP
D

Dakota37

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Raise up the keyboard. Then tap and hold the keyboard icon at the bottom right of the keyboard. You should get a popup with "Dock" and "Split" written in it. Slide to Dock, to get the keyboard back to the bottom of your screen.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You're welcome.

To post an image in a browser, tap Upload file, then Photo Library:
IMG_3537.JPG

Chose one of your albums:
IMG_3538.JPG

Tap the images you need so that they are checkmarked:
IMG_3539.JPG

Then tap Done: