What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Diary / Tasks App

will89

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm looking for an app which appears to be a standard diary; for example, a week to view. It needs to be able to accept hand written notes. I also want to be able to organise daily tasks.

Thanks.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Best solution I have found is to get out the the midset of needing a single utopian app and embrace separate best of breed apps and learn how easy it is to switch between them efficiently!

Calendar / Notes / Reminders are great basic in-built apps.

but for me...

iPlan (calendar) / Notability (hand written notes) / OmniFocus (todo) is the killer combination.

I also throw in Evernote (for text heavy notes), and Reminders still gets used daily too :)

sweetcorn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
Best solution I have found is to get out the the midset of needing a single utopian app and embrace separate best of breed apps and learn how easy it is to switch between them efficiently!

Calendar / Notes / Reminders are great basic in-built apps.

but for me...

iPlan (calendar) / Notability (hand written notes) / OmniFocus (todo) is the killer combination.

I also throw in Evernote (for text heavy notes), and Reminders still gets used daily too :)

What's so special about iplan? Doesn't seem to have a killers over native app...

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
What's so special about iplan? Doesn't seem to have a killers over native app...

Clearer UI, more configurable, integrated weather, customisable colour coding of calendars, better views. Everything a better calendar app should have! :D

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Does the app use icloud? I doubt it...

The app uses / front-ends the iPad calendar, so yes... since my iPad calendar uses iCloud, everything you do using iPlan is reflected in your iCloud calendar across all my devices. That's the point!

Most reactions

Latest posts