What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DFU Infinite Loop

awatt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm stuck in DFU mode. I've tried pulling it out but every time I pull it out it goes right back in. I did Redsn0w got to the pineapple and installing activation and the ipad just stayed there. I unplugged it and it turned off. I tried turning it back on and it just loads up itunes saying I'm in recovery mode. It's DFU not recovery nothing is on my screen. Am I at a loss?

Thanks for any help!!

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have u try the hard reset or really hard reset?
1). While iPad is on, hold down the sleep button and home screen button down for 5secs. Till iPad reboots back to apple logo screen. Then hopefully u should be good.
If that didn't work try the really hard reset:
2) while iPad is off, hold down the sleep and home buttons at the same time for like 30 secs. It might seem like a long time but keep holding them. iPad should cut on , then reboot immediately back to apple logo screen. Hopefully then, u good to go.
If none of those work, post back ASAP ;-)

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is an app u can install on ur pc that will kick it out of dfu mode. I can't remember the name exactly. It might be tiny umbrella or another one. Just google program to kick iPad out of dfu mode

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Demandarin said:
There is an app u can install on ur pc that will kick it out of dfu mode. I can't remember the name exactly. It might be tiny umbrella or another one. Just google program to kick iPad out of dfu mode

Tiny umbrella will do it. A hard reset always worked for me.

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Demandarin said:

Tiny umbrella will do it. A hard reset always worked for me.

Thanks for confirming that ;-)

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It should not be possible for your ipad to reboot into DFU mode (black screen but recognised by iTunes). Im afraid that it sounds as though you have a hardware fault, possibly the screen...
Suggest you take it back to an Apple store. They will likely replace.

Hope that helps

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
It should not be possible for your ipad to reboot into DFU mode (black screen but recognised by iTunes). Im afraid that it sounds as though you have a hardware fault, possibly the screen...
Suggest you take it back to an Apple store. They will likely replace.

Hope that helps

Right. The iPad won't boot back into dfu mode.

ApplePro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I dnt know if this works on a ipad but this worked fine for me on iPhone
1. You have to downgrade to stock 4.1 without pwned dfu mode
2. You get error 1015
3. Click EXIT RECOVERY in tiny umbrella
4. Run Greenpois0n
5. Run Redsnow dont install cydia cause ur gonna get it from greenpois0n
6.Enjoy

aboodz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
look dont get scared

thats what happen to me last night i just clicked on restore and it updated to the new update and everything worked just fine...

Most reactions