What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Despatch date confirmed

MoonlitSonata

iPF Novice
Reaction score
sjleworthy said:
Yes, it isn't an iPad problem, it's the age of your pc.

My iPad charges from the Mains as expected, but doesnt charge via USB. My pc isn't powerful enough. Not an iPad issue.

+1 :) Even my 2009 HP G-71 PC can't charge the iPad. Kinda ridiculous, but eh.

Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's Really Not Ridiculous

sjleworthy said:
Yes, it isn't an iPad problem, it's the age of your pc.

My iPad charges from the Mains as expected, but doesnt charge via USB. My pc isn't powerful enough. Not an iPad issue.

+1 :) Even my 2009 HP G-71 PC can't charge the iPad. Kinda ridiculous, but eh.

Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

A PC or MAc motherbiard provides usb ports for (essentially) data transfer.

The ipad charging at full tilt uses 10 Watts. If you want to experiment, and test my theory, (you will need a PC you don't want any longer)

Then try sucking 10 Watts from a USB port.

If anyone really wants to try this, PM me and I will show you how to overide the settings that prevent damage to the motherboard.

The end result will be a blown motherboard, possibly a fire, and maybe a trashed ipad, although that's unlikely.

Use the charger that came with the ipad. Tha's why they give it to you in the first place....And we all know Apple don't give much away, 'twil be hand cranked chargers on the 3 due to the economic downturn :D

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
julietz said:
congrats!
you will love it!

My ipad2 is my boyfriend now and my friends are pitying my real boyfriend who ain't getting enough love from me after I received my ipad2 :p

More like hes your LIL ROMEO-z and mine is my sugar daddy. He meets all my needs.

Vintage90 said:
Use the charger that came with the ipad. Tha's why they give it to you in the first place....And we all know Apple don't give much away, 'twil be hand cranked chargers on the 3 due to the economic downturn :D

You're funny!!!

Most reactions

Latest posts