What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Denver Police Make an Arrest in the iPad Pinky Case

Sonny Burnett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DENVER, April 24 (UPI) -- Police in Denver said Saturday they have arrested a suspect in the theft of an iPad in which the victim lost his pinky finger.
Police said they arrested Brandon Darnell Smith, 20, at 1:14 a.m. MDT during a traffic stop. Smith was being held for investigation of second-degree assault and robbery in the April 15 robbery of Bill Jordan, 59, The Denver Post reported.
Jordan said he had just purchased an iPad -- the newest product from Apple Inc. -- at the Cherry Creek Shopping Center April 15 when the suspect followed him down a staircase to the parking garage and accosted him, yanking so hard at the iPad he stripped some of the skin to the bone on his little finger.
Jordan's finger was so badly damaged it required amputation.

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i have had a couple of the people look at me when walking out of a coffee shop after useing the unit ..i turn and give them ok stupid what are going to do look ..most times it enough to get them to leave me alone ..

one guy was stupid enough to get close to the car last night when we stoped in a fast food joint down on hollywood blvd .it called 101 coffee shop .stop in and try it it great food when you in L.a area ...they have a dish called a cake or pie in a jar with a ice cream toppings it a great way to finish meal from there ...both me and dave had pick this person up on our radar for he kept walking by and looking at us at the table and stareing at the laptop and ipad items on the table..so we finish eating and i go pay the bill and my buddy goes to the bathroom .

so i go and wait by the car for him and the guy came walking past me at the car goes down the street aways then turns back and walks back by ..he did this a couple of times trying to figure out if he was going to do something ..that when dave walks up behind him and told him to leave before he does something stupid that we both have to sign police reports for .. ..he just walked off and was giveing us both go to hell looks ..

dave was asking this question..your think he was trying scope us out to rob .i tell down on the blvd anything goes i guess.., at times down in LA area i sit and wonder if they inport the stupid ones from other areas ..

Last edited:

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was a little weird about taking my iPad to the grove yesterday but all was well :)

JMK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i have had a couple of the people look at me when walking out of a coffee shop after useing the unit ..i turn and give them ok stupid what are going to do look ..most times it enough to get them to leave me alone ..

one guy was stupid enough to get close to the car last night when we stoped in a fast food joint down on hollywood blvd .it called 101 coffee shop .stop in and try it it great food when you in L.a area ...they have a dish called a cake or pie in a jar with a ice cream toppings it a great way to finish meal from there ...both me and dave had pick this person up on our radar for he kept walking by and looking at us at the table and stareing at the laptop and ipad items on the table..so we finish eating and i go pay the bill and my buddy goes to the bathroom .

so i go and wait by the car for him and the guy came walking past me at the car goes down the street aways then turns back and walks back by ..he did this a couple of times trying to figure out if he was going to do something ..that when dave walks up behind him and told him to leave before he does something stupid that we both have to sign police reports for .. ..he just walked off and was giveing us both go to hell looks ..

dave was asking this question..your think he was trying scope us out to rob .i tell down on the blvd anything goes i guess.., at times down in LA area i sit and wonder if they inport the stupid ones from other areas ..

He might have just been curious but then again, you don't wanna get your finger stripped to the bone. :eek:

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Maybe I'll just carry an iPhone as a throwdown decoy device....

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
He might have just been curious but then again, you don't wanna get your finger stripped to the bone. :eek:[/QUOTE]

i never carrying thing like the way the guy was carrying the bag..i carry my items in a daypack or in the sling bag leaveing my hands free to deal with the street rats.. ..to many years liveing in big urban centers where the street rats try and take things from people ..plus if you can get past the something i carry you can have the item that you worked hard for it ..when food shopping i take the buggy out to the car to deal with any problems that might come up ..

hollywood blvd is a stange place between the hours of dark and light or between the hours 7.pm to about 7.am in the morning ..he just stood out in the way he was looking the ipad and laptop ..he looking at like how much can i get for them look..

the guy stood out by his movements that put him on our radar..both dave and i are over the 6.ft range and both over the 200 pd mark ..so he was trying to figure it out if it was going to be worth trying to take it the items from us..

rtking

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As soon as my iPad arrives on Friday, I'm taking it to get laser etched. I am toying with the idea to join Mobile Me as well, so if someone does steal it, I can track the unit and wipe it virtually.

Last edited:

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am thinking that I might get a back cover piece a little different than most. Somebody steals the iPad, I send a text message and the whole thing goes ballistic.

Sincere11105

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have people look at me all the time when im using my iPad. I don't really pay mind to them. I need to stop using it outdoors because people are crazy. I don't know how people can do things like that.

Most reactions

Latest posts