What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Delivery ETA

wasilla

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine shipped from SHENZHEN CN to Thailand, has not moved in 2 days
I got this from FEDEX As of Wednesday, May 19, 2010
Due to the unstable political conditions in Bangkok and the rest of Thailand, FedEx Express® has suspended pickup and delivery service throughout the country until further notice. These conditions remain very fluid and we will continue to closely monitor all changes. Additional information will be posted on fedex.com as it becomes available.

OP
D

dacakebeater

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine shipped from SHENZHEN CN to Thailand, has not moved in 2 days
I got this from FEDEX As of Wednesday, May 19, 2010
Due to the unstable political conditions in Bangkok and the rest of Thailand, FedEx Express® has suspended pickup and delivery service throughout the country until further notice. These conditions remain very fluid and we will continue to closely monitor all changes. Additional information will be posted on fedex.com as it becomes available.

Mine Left Shenzhen today... do you know if it goes to Thailand from there?

I was looking at IndyBob's post and his went from Schenzhen to LANTAU ISLAND HK

wasilla

iPF Noob
Reaction score
WoooooHoooo

May 19, 2010 1:21 PM
Arrived at FedEx location
ANCHORAGE, AKMay 18, 2010 11:30 PMAt local FedEx facilityLANTAU ISLAND HKMay 17, 2010 11:53 PMIn transitLANTAU ISLAND HKMay 17, 2010 11:30 PMAt local FedEx facilityLANTAU ISLAND HK

herbdb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The route mine is taking is through Anchorage, AK. Here is my tracking info:

May 19, 2010 4:47 PM In transit ANCHORAGE, AK
May 19, 2010 3:16 PM Int'l shipment release ANCHORAGE, AK
May 19, 2010 1:21 PM Arrived at FedEx location ANCHORAGE, AK
May 18, 2010 11:30 PM At local FedEx facility LANTAU ISLAND HK
May 18, 2010 10:46 PM In transit LANTAU ISLAND HK
May 18, 2010 7:45 PM Left FedEx origin facility SHENZHEN CN
May 18, 2010 6:07 PM Picked up SHENZHEN CN

So you should be looking for the shipment to clear customs and leave Anchorage. Then it will most likely go to Memphis for sorting before going to the regional distribution center.

Mine has left Anchorage and I am hoping it makes Memphis in time for a flight out on Thursday for a Friday Delivery. There are three Fedex MD-11 flights enroute from Anchorage to Memphis as I write this. Thats a lot of cargo.

DaveC6

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine made it to Alaska today too!!

And I can see Alaska from my house. :D

Might beat the 5/25 estimate by a few days.

OP
D

dacakebeater

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine made it to Alaska today too!!

And I can see Alaska from my house. :D

Might beat the 5/25 estimate by a few days.

I live in Ca also... I wonder if there going to send our iPad to Memphis, Tn first or of it it coming straight to Ca

ferretguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, this is disappointing. My order has been sitting in Taiwan for over 24-hours. Fedex says the planes have all been full and this order is waiting for the next plane. Weird, huh. Fedex site shows it in HK still and coming tomorrow but rep said that wasn't likely. Possible earliest arrival at this time would be Monday. :mad:

ferretguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Still nuttin'. Apple says there's a good chance of it coming today and Fedex says it's been sitting in Taiwan and best guess of when it arrives here is Monday or later. There's still been no change in my Fedex status. They say there's an issue where orders aren't being updated. :( On the other hand, Apples says that because the order is in limbo so to speak they are giving me a free accessory and if I don't get the iPad with in 3 days of when it was supposed to be here (today) they'll get another out post haste. That's some consolation I guess. Congrats to all those who got theirs!

herbdb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Fedex tracking system has serious problems. Mine said Departed Anchorage for more than a day. It still said Departed Anchorage at midnight last night. This morning at 8:00 AM it is on the truck for delivery in Allentown, PA.

Don't despair if you see no progress, it may suddenly catch up.

herbdb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine has safely arrived four days ahead of the estimated delivery day.

Syncing now.

thehatguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.greatthreads.com
WOOT!

iPadschedule.jpg

Krew

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered it on 5/7 and got it yesterday... 5/20. It shipped on 5/16 and I noticed it spent 3 days in HK which i think means hong kong or whatever. BUT... after that it got to alaska and I had it in San Diego the very next day. The delivery date was exactly what they estimated... 5/20. :)

Rannascar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hope this helps explain the issue and helps give resolution to all on the forum...

Here is some valid help for all. I am a C.O.O for a Major truck carrier and I ordered an Ipad for my sons H.S Graduation. I order it on May 9th, 2010 in the afternoon. On monday May 17th I recieved an email that FedEx had picked it up in Shenzhen Hong Kong. and my delivery date was to be in Pennsylviana on May 21st by 4:30pm. I check it Tuesday and seen in moved to Lantau Island Hong Kong with no movement or scanning activity on the 19th so I called FedEx. They gave me the run around when I was speaking to international shipping. I then went the extra mile and called Apple, They also did the same. That truely frustrated me with these 2 worlds biggest business brushing a customer but they did not know who there were speaking with.

Since I have some political and shipping connections I call FedEx Corporate headquarters and investigated the situation. I even spoke the the executive team there no to mention names. Here is what they told me... there was shippments in the thousands at the Taiwan FedEx facility ...ie.... Toshiba, Sony, Samsung, Apple, and a few other small electronic companies that had freight needing to move to the U.S and FedEx only has 2 outbound flights. So here all the product sat for 3 days. There is no specific order of priority since all these shipments are bulk shipments paid by a contract with Apple and FedEx and all these other companies sending supply to meet the demand in the U.S.

I then contact the Apple store and went off the deep end and show some authority. I told the representitive I needed to speak with a Director of Traffic or Transportation and I would wait as long as I needed to. I gave them my name a title and where I worked since we do move there freight throughout the U.S. After 40 minutes I spoke to a Traffic Manager and informed him who I was and who I had talked to at FedEx, furthermore, on what I investigated on how Apple behavior should not be tolerated where they could let all there customer not be communicated with because of the delays. That many people were taking off work wait for FedEx to deliver there Ipad or product since all these products would not be delivered on time and people were home waiting to signed for their product they had paid for days in advance. I also told them that Fedex contacted Apple promptly about the delay and Apple knew that this delay was happening since Tuesday May 18th and the did not send emails out to all customers who were susposed to receive there Ipad. After almost an hours I asked how he was going to compensate me for their illneglect. Jearold said he would call me back and or email me with resolution. 1 hour later I recieved an email on from the Apple Store with a tracking number, the tracking number was for an Ipad Case $39.99. Dre Beats Studio Headphones $299.99 that were giiven to me for their neglect free of cost. Then he called and said Apple was turely sorry for the issue and t receive these 2 products for the situation I had gone through.

I suggest you all who have not recieve your product on time to call Apple NOW!!!! I hope this helps the next fellow person who has been frustrated as I was with the issue Apple caused all their devoted spending customers....

All shipment travel activity is displayed in local time for the location
To display the shipment travel activity in local time of the scan, please select "Local Scan Time" time zone option.

All shipment travel activity is displayed in local time for the location
To display the shipment travel activity in local time of the scan, please select "Local Scan Time" time zone option.

No entries found​

Date/Time
Activity

May 18, 2010 11:30 PM
At local FedEx facility​

LANTAU ISLAND HK​

May 18, 2010 1:21 AM
In transit
LANTAU ISLAND HK​

May 17, 2010 8:32 PM
Left FedEx origin facility
SHENZHEN CN​

May 17, 2010 7:54 PM
Picked up
SHENZHEN CN
Package received after FedEx cutoff​

May 17, 2010 1:45 AM
Shipment information sent to FedEx​

No entries found​

IPAD CASE-ZML
$39.00
$00.00
Ships: Jun 8
by Standard Shipping
Part Number: MC361ZM/A

Items in Your Shipment
MONSTER BEATS STUDIO HDPHNS - WHITE-USA $299.00

Part Number: TX465LL/A

Shipment Dates

Ship date
May 21, 2010

Estimated delivery
May 22, 2010 by 1:30 PM

Destination

HOLLIDAYSBURG, PA

Dr.Dre Beats Stuido Headphones

Weight
4.0 lbs/1.8 kg

Reference
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Purchase order number
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Invoice number
xxxxxxxxxxxx

Status

Pieces
Date/Time
Status

Shipment Travel History
Help

No entries found​

Date/Time
Activity

May 21, 2010 6:45 PM
Shipment information sent to FedEx​

May 21, 2010 6:16 PM
Picked up
MIDDLETOWN, PA​

ferretguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My situation was similar. After finding out I may not receive the iPad for another week (maybe less) I call Apple. The fellow I spoke with there couldn't be more accommodating. Not only did he call the Apple Store closest to me but he got them to hold one of the same models I had order for me to pick up last night! And to make up for the trouble I was having and the drive to the store I was offered the keyboard dock and the magic mouse. Good on you Apple! Picked up the iPad last night and I'm loving it! :D

Most reactions

Latest posts