What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Delivery day, April 3rd.

LMControl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry if this was discussed before. For those of us who pre-ordered for home delivery, the order receipt clearly states delivery will happen on 4/3. What's interesting about this to me is this is on a Saturday, a smart move by Apple to ease the pressure on whatever delivery service(s) they choose to utilize.

What's also interesting is this is the Saturday on Easter weekend, not a big deal considering both the major carriers (FedEx and UPS) don't observe Easter holidays (i.e. they don't take off Good Friday or Easter Monday according to their calendars published online.)

Of course, I'm expecting the iPads will be drop shipped separately from the accessories, so I'm not expecting to see them (accessories) Saturday the 3rd.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry if this was discussed before. For those of us who pre-ordered for home delivery, the order receipt clearly states delivery will happen on 4/3. What's interesting about this to me is this is on a Saturday, a smart move by Apple to ease the pressure on whatever delivery service(s) they choose to utilize.

What's also interesting is this is the Saturday on Easter weekend, not a big deal considering both the major carriers (FedEx and UPS) don't observe Easter holidays (i.e. they don't take off Good Friday or Easter Monday according to their calendars published online.)

Of course, I'm expecting the iPads will be drop shipped separately from the accessories, so I'm not expecting to see them (accessories) Saturday the 3rd.

yeah i was really happy to see it was a Saturday....I'll be home all day making sure I don't miss the delivery!!

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The only problem with Saturday delivery is it's not available in all locations. Some users may be very disappointed and have to wait a few extra days unless Apple ships them early?

lp1968

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I for one hope they deliver early. I don't expect it though! I at least know my area has Sat delivery!

DG~X

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Great. If only i ordered it online.:( Well getting it at the store is just as good.

KiltedTim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My area has Saturday delivery as well, but Fed EX and UPS are so frigging unreliable when it comes to delivering to my high rise building, I'm not willing to risk it. They habitually don't even attempt to contact the recipient. If they actually deliver it to the leasing office, it's great, but if they show up before 11:00 AM on a Saturday or after 3:00 PM, then it's a no go. Half the time, they don't even leave a notice that they attempted to deliver anything and I have to find out by checking the delivery status on line assuming I have the tracking #. They just don't care. Lousy customer service.

I'll be picking mine up at my local Apple Store. Luckily, I have one of those near by, but even if I had to drive a couple of hours to get to one, I would have opted for that. More of a sure thing than having to wait an extra 2 days so I could take off work and pick it up at the depot because their lazy ass employees can't be bothered to push the button on the panel in the lobby to let me know they're here.

Most reactions

Latest posts