What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Deleting

Isla

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how I can delete a picture from photos? Do I have to delete the picture on my computer and re sync? I am hoping there is a quicker and easier way.

Reaction score
If the photos where imported via ITunes, than deleting the photo on your computer with a following sync is the way to delete the photo from your iPad. The Photos app doesn't let you delete images from the iPad, if they where synced with iTunes. So that's pretty much the standard procedure of deleting photos, neither convenient, nor fast, but it works.

~awaiting iPad 2 jb to install Wifi-Sync with iTunes sync over 3G :D

scubadiver12165

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DontUnderstandMyIpad said:
If the photos where imported via ITunes, than deleting the photo on your computer with a following sync is the way to delete the photo from your iPad. The Photos app doesn't let you delete images from the iPad, if they where synced with iTunes. So that's pretty much the standard procedure of deleting photos, neither convenient, nor fast, but it works.

~awaiting iPad 2 jb to install Wifi-Sync with iTunes sync over 3G :D

So if I didn't sync the photos via iTunes, I can delete the photos directly from the iPad without having to delete from the computer as well?

Reaction score
scubadiver12165 said:
So if I didn't sync the photos via iTunes, I can delete the photos directly from the iPad without having to delete from the computer as well?

Yes, if you save photos directly on the iPad, without using iTunes, for example via the camera connection kit, than you can delete the photos directly from the iPad.

DM51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If they are in the "Saved Photos" or "Imported" folders, you can delete them on the iPad. Any other folders you have were set up by you using your computer and iTunes, and these folders and the photos in them can only be changed/deleted via your computer and resynching.

Most reactions

Latest posts