What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Deleting leftover music on Ipad

Guy1717

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have about 1900 songs on my Ipad2 that I can't delete.

I have emptied Itunes completely on my windows7 pc and still those 1900 songs won't delete

I have synced and resynced but they persist to stay on my Ipad. How do I delete those songs?

Guy

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Not sure which iOS you have but I'm on iOS 5.0.1 and I can delete songs manually on the iPad. Slide finger left on song and red delete button appears. On one of the playlists, an edit button appears to delete loads. I'll have to look and see. Try that though for now!

Sent from my one and only original iPad using iPF

Last edited:
OP
Guy1717

Guy1717

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not sure which iOS you have but I'm on iOS 5.0.1 and I can delete songs manually on the iPad. Slice finger left on song and red delete button appears. On one of the playlists, an edit button appears to delete loads. I'll have to look and see. Try that though for now!

Yes it is ios 5.0. Deleting 1900 songs. One by one? Pffffff. LOL
I there is no other way, I will have to

OP
Guy1717

Guy1717

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On the Music tab in iTunes, did you un-check the Sync Music check box? And then sync.

Yes, I did that, but no changes, sooooo confusing
I think I will have to delete one by one, I'm really missing a button "delete all"

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well, I have looked for you and if you have them on your playlists there is an edit button which if you press, you can delete all of them. This can only be done with playlists you have created not the iTunes playlists like recently added or top 25.
I don't want to delete any but I'm sure it's a one touch of each song to delete. Sorry if you haven't found any other way yet. We do try to help but remember we aren't Apple employees who know everything, we are members who are trying to help you, please be a little more respectful if our suggestions aren't helping you!
I had loads of problems with the music app when I updated so I do understand your frustration. I deleted my song library three times before it worked and my songs were corrupted and were there but not playing at all just skipping. Let us know if you find another way to delete. There are other threads on this topic, search is your friend.

Last edited:

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Open the Music App, tap on "Albums" in the bottom toolbar. Find the album you want to delete. Tap and hold the album until a black circle with an "X" appears in the upper left-hand corner. Tap on the "X" and the album will be deleted from your iPad's Music App. If you decide not to delete it, tap on another list, "Songs", "Artists", etc. and when you return to "Albums" the "X" will be gone.

OP
Guy1717

Guy1717

iPF Noob
Reaction score
, please be a little more respectful if our suggestions aren't helping you!

I wasn't respectful? I don't get it. I always appreciate help. I don't understand where your remark comes from

Anyway, since nothing helped, I have done a total factory reset and then restore everything

Thanks for all your help and I am never disrespectful, my English may not be the best but I try

OP
Guy1717

Guy1717

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think I get it why you call me disrespectful

When I said "Pfffff LOL", I just ment pfffffffff what a lot of work, thats all, not disrespecting your help

Last edited:

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm sure we are all good and no one meant any disrespect. As a world wide forum we all misunderstand others at times......I'm only clear when the posts are in Cockney Rhyming Slang (and not much chance of that!).

Anyway, we are all friends here and all is good!

The Archangel

BeverlyW

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
Not sure which iOS you have but I'm on iOS 5.0.1 and I can delete songs manually on the iPad. Slide finger left on song and red delete button appears. On one of the playlists, an edit button appears to delete loads. I'll have to look and see. Try that though for now!

Thanks for the information, worked perfectly!!!

Most reactions