What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Deleted Notes file recovery

Phaedrus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello. I'm rather new to the iPad. I'm here because I got asked to do some tech support for my mom. She has an iPad Mini, and about a month ago, she accidentally deleted a Notes file. The iPad was not backed up on the cloud, and was not set to synchronize with any other devices. She hasn't used the device very much since the file was deleted, which gives me some hope. After a bit of looking on Google, I had her attempt to restore the deleted file by accessing the menu that comes from (IIRC) a long click. That was unsuccessful. I downloaded trial versions of several file recovery programs, and I can preview the first 1/3 of the file. I emailed one of those companies, and they informed me that the preview function on the trial software will show the entire file. Does anyone have any suggestions?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'm not familiear with any of the recover apps, and I've never heard of the method you mentioned. Very strange.

If she is running iOS 9 or later, there should be a Recenlty Deleted folder in the file list. If you don't see it at first try tapping Edit at the top of the folder list, then go back tot he normal view. If it's been over 30 days, this note is probably no longer there, but this should help if she ever accidently deletes a note again.

IMG_1848-2.png

OP
P

Phaedrus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you. I'll give that a try this evening. Fingers crossed.

Most reactions