What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Delete from game sec, where do deletes go, wifi, print screen, folders

msstormies

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello!
First off I lov lov my iPad. I was a pcoholic and now I'm a macoholic ;)

1. If you delete a game and don't delete it from the game center. How do you delete it in the game center?
2. When you do delete a file where does it go,and can you get it back?
3. I have a wifi iPad and sometimes it continues to search for connection. I have been turning it off and on to clear it. Is that ok or is there another way?
4. How do you screen print?
5. Can you make folders for your pictures?

Hope it was okay to put all questions on here, I couldn't find them.
Thank you Mstormy

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'll try to answer some of your questions.

Folders for pictures - you can't do this directly on the iPad. You need to create those folders on your PC or Mac and then synchronise the iPad. Those folders, and their contents, will be transferred to your iPad. Similarly, you cannot delete photos from your iPad that were synchronised. They need to be deleted from your PC first (or moved) and the iPad synchronised again.

Screen print - briefly press and hold the Power and Home buttons. The iPad will take a picture of the screen and transfer that to the Photos app, from where you can print it.

When you delete a file, it is deleted and cannot be recovered.

If you are on WiFi and your iPad cannot find a signal, yet you know there is one there, then turning WiFi off and on sometimes works, as you have discovered. Also, how do you have the 'Settings' in 'WiFi' set - 'Join Known Networks Automatically'?

Tim

OP
msstormies

msstormies

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
I'll try to answer some of your questions.

Folders for pictures - you can't do this directly on the iPad. You need to create those folders on your PC or Mac and then synchronise the iPad. Those folders, and their contents, will be transferred to your iPad. Similarly, you cannot delete photos from your iPad that were synchronised. They need to be deleted from your PC first (or moved) and the iPad synchronised again.

Screen print - briefly press and hold the Power and Home buttons. The iPad will take a picture of the screen and transfer that to the Photos app, from where you can print it.

When you delete a file, it is deleted and cannot be recovered.

If you are on WiFi and your iPad cannot find a signal, yet you know there is one there, then turning WiFi off and on sometimes works, as you have discovered. Also, how do you have the 'Settings' in 'WiFi' set - 'Join Known Networks Automatically'?

Tim

Thank you Tim !
My wifi is just hooked up to the one at home. Haven't taken my iPad out yet. Should I put it to "join known networks automatically? Couldn't some one get into my system?
Screen print got it thank you
Creating folders , would I put these in picture folder and have the iPad sync from there?
Thank you

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No - the 'join known networks automatically' will always ask you the first time if you want to join (because it's not known then). So, if you always have a cup of coffee at your local Starbucks then, the first time, you'll have to provide the iPad with the login details. After that, if you select that 'join known networks automatically' option then, from then on, when you go to that Starbucks, your iPad will automatically logon to that network.

Regarding pictures - yes, you have it right!!

Let us know if you need any more help...enjoy your iPad

Tim

firemanprice

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey Tim, so how do I exactly make pic folders again? I have a iMac. If possible can you give me a detailed formate? Thanks so much for your time and patience. 

OP
msstormies

msstormies

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
No - the 'join known networks automatically' will always ask you the first time if you want to join (because it's not known then). So, if you always have a cup of coffee at your local Starbucks then, the first time, you'll have to provide the iPad with the login details. After that, if you select that 'join known networks automatically' option then, from then on, when you go to that Starbucks, your iPad will automatically logon to that network.

Regarding pictures - yes, you have it right!!

Let us know if you need any more help...enjoy your iPad

Tim

Well...
Here I put some folders in my pics trying to follow your directions. And iTunes (gosh,they sure make allot of money) won't let me sync.
Error
A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will now close the program and notify you if a solution is available.
So I uninstalled and reinstalled iTunes. Same thing, I have W7 64bit.
Any suggestions? 8-(
mstormy

OP
msstormies

msstormies

iPF Noob
Reaction score
msstormies said:
Well...
Here I put some folders in my pics trying to follow your directions. And iTunes (gosh,they sure make allot of money) won't let me sync.
Error
A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will now close the program and notify you if a solution is available.
So I uninstalled and reinstalled iTunes. Same thing, I have W7 64bit.
Any suggestions? 8-(
mstormy

I got it everything works thank u

Most reactions

Latest posts