What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where do 'Deleted' Apps Go?

SPROINGY

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm wondering, just in passing, where deleted Apps go. To be clear, if I'm not using & don't want an App on my iPad, I go to Settings->General->Storage and iCloud Usage, then choose 'Manage Storage,' where I can 'delete' the App from my iPad, thereby increasing my iPad storage space.

But does the 'deleted' App just go into my iCloud storage space? Or where *does* it go?

It's not a pressing issue for me, mainly something I've been wondering about. I've got about 50 'deleted' Apps.

Thanks as always!

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It doesn't go to your iCloud storage space. The apps you delete are removed completey from your iPad. You'll find the app in your Purchased tab in the App Store, as long as it's not discontinued, and you'll be able to download it again from there.
iCloud has nothing to do with the apps you purchase.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'm wondering, just in passing, where deleted Apps go. To be clear, if I'm not using & don't want an App on my iPad, I go to Settings->General->Storage and iCloud Usage, then choose 'Manage Storage,' where I can 'delete' the App from my iPad, thereby increasing my iPad storage space.............

Hi Sproingy - I'm assuming that you know there is no need to go through the process above to delete an app(s)? Simply hold down the app's icon until it begins to 'wiggle' along w/ others that can be deleted, then simply tap the 'x' in the left upper corner and the app is deleted!

Johanna's
comments still apply - NOTE that 'native' apps, i.e. those which are part of iOS will not show the 'x' (see my screen capture in my 'Photography' folder and imagine all shaking! ;) - notice that the 'Photos' app cannot be deleted) - Dave :)
IMG_4516.PNG

Last edited:
OP
S

SPROINGY

iPF Novice
Reaction score
To tell the truth, giradman, I did not know that. I thought the 'wiggle' bit was just for moving icons around, making folders & renaming folders. Thanks! You have a lot of photo-related apps I haven't heard of. I very much enjoy taking photos and editing them to make them better.

And thank you too, J.A., for your informative reply. One less thing for me to wonder about! :)

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
To tell the truth, giradman, I did not know that. I thought the 'wiggle' bit was just for moving icons around, making folders & renaming folders. Thanks! You have a lot of photo-related apps I haven't heard of. I very much enjoy taking photos and editing them to make them better.

And thank you too, J.A., for your informative reply. One less thing for me to wonder about! :)

Well, now you know a much easier way to delete your apps! :)

As to your second question, I've been accumulating photo apps for nearly 5 years - below I've roughly categorized them for you - the 'Photo Imaging Apps' allow cropping, resizing, and photo manipulation (PS Touch & Pixelmator - an OS X program - are the most complex). The 'Photo Transfer Apps' help to get your images from one device to another, e.g. iPad to/from computer. The last one on the list works w/ my Wi-Fi camera to transfer images wirelessly. Some of these are probably still 'free' or can be obtain at nominal cost - if interested, check them out at the App Store - Dave

Image Drawing Apps
Penultimate
Skitch
Photo Organization
My Photos
PhotoSort
Photo Imaging Apps
Photogene
Pixelmator
PS Touch (PhotoShop)
Snapseed
Photo Transfer Apps
PhotoSync
Transfer
*Panasonic App (for my camera)

OP
S

SPROINGY

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The deleted apps goes no where, they are just deleted.

Nevertheless, they are re-obtainable if you change your mind and want them back.

I thing of deletion as a permanent, cannot be undone, action.

Most reactions

Latest posts