What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Delete emails 1000 at a time

lrrry

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

How can I mass delete emails, have about 3000 to delete.

Also, is there an easy way to turn email off and on. Would like to turn on for short time, to receive ONE email.

Thanks

Larry

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's my experience, too.

And frankly, I don't get it. The standard email app in 5.0.1 at least now enables a (limited) search/select feature. I just don't understand why adding a delete option to a search result set is such a difficult task. (I assume it must be difficult because its value should be obvious.)

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And frankly, I don't get it. The standard email app in 5.0.1 at least now enables a (limited) search/select feature. I just don't understand why adding a delete option to a search result set is such a difficult task. (I assume it must be difficult because its value should be obvious.)

You've got me. I don't get it either.

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One man's obvious is another man's oblivious. Obliviously another case of 'darn that auto-correct'.

Well, of course you're right that what seems like an obvious requirement for someone with an overflowing inbox might not be so obvious to a "better housekeeper." But in this case, every email client on PC's I'm aware of provides a "search and delete" function. Why the same feature isn't available on tablets is simply beyond me.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'm just trying to sound more clever than I am. A character defect, I admit. :eek:

Seems like there should be better delete options to me too, and since people have been complaining about it since version 1, I have no idea why Apple has not added it. I can only guess that it is low priority (possible), too difficult to implement (unlikely), or just keeps slipping through the cracks (most likely).

OP
L

lrrry

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well...

Question... where are emails stored? In some directory or folder on the IPad? If so, could one access it and delete it?

Or, could one just shut the email account down and start is up again later?

Larry

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry there is no way to do them in one large group. The easiest way is in landscape mode, on the left hand column at the top you will see Edit press this and the column will shift to the right, go down the column pressing on the emails to delete, once you have them all selected, press delete which is at the bottom. It's simple and this is the fastest way. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions