What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Default mail account keeps changing

michali

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have four mail accounts on my ipad but I want gmail as my default account. Worked well until recently when suddenly iCloud became my default mail account. So I went into settings to change the default account back to gmail, only to find gmail was not listed! So I deleted my gmail account and reinstalled it and all was well..until it happened again! Gmail is no longer listed in the list. Any ideas apart from deleting the account and reinstalling, please?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You could try this. First disable your WiFi and then on your iPad remove your email accounts and then re-add them again by entering your email address and passwords. Then re-connect your WiFi.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
michali

michali

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You could try this. First disable your WiFi and then on your iPad remove your email accounts and then re-add them again by entering your email address and passwords. Then re-connect your WiFi.

Thanks! I will try that when it happens again. Funnily enough overnight it has righted itself so I will see how long that lasts!

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks! I will try that when it happens again. Funnily enough overnight it has righted itself so I will see how long that lasts!

Which just re-enforces a theory I have agreed with for a long time. That if you leave a problem for long enough it will fix itself. Probably not a good one to adopt totally in this forum. Glad things turned out OK for you.
Regards, Andrew

Most reactions