What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Decision made

Gav

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have, for the last couple of weeks, been researching the iPad and whether or not I need one. Well, I have decided to get one because I have realised that the only thing I use my Mac Pro for is for surfing the net, email, Facebook and watching youtube. I don't write powerpoint, I don't use it as an office tool and I don't use it to conduct business.
Basically I use my Mac Pro for the same things I use my iPhone for when I am away from home. So it makes sense to me to get the iPad.
Now all I have to do is wait for them to come to the area in which I live cos I don't live in a metro area and the pickings are slim.
I look forward to continuing to surf around this site as I believe it is a wealth of information. And it will continue to come in handy for the future.

Gav

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Gav, I think you'll be real happy with your decision. The iPad is such a great device and fits the bill perfectly for all of those needs/wants you have.

It can't replace the computer completely, but it has replaced my notebook for a lot of things. Mainly the convenience of having a small "instant-on" device is very handy.

Welcome to the forum! If you have any questions on the iPad, be sure to ask away!

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome here from Asia, here you will find lot of Aussie, so no worry at all , witch iPad did you decide to buy ?

with 2 month experience in iPad i can recommend you to buy a 3G 32Go or 64Go so you have space for all data as app’s, movie, song and you can be connected everywhere

Mys self i use it also for business and i am more than satisfied with my toy’s

adamh10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Great choice! To save some time, you should place an order on the Apple Online Store for Australia - I think that would save more time than waiting for a new store or stock. Likely will ship in a few weeks.

Welcome to the forums! Believe me, you won't regret your iPad decision!

OP
G

Gav

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cheers fellas, I have decided on the 64Gb WiFi non 3g as I could do without the extra expense and to negate giving money to one of the Telcos here. They already get enough from me as it is. I feel the WiFi only will suit me as there are many places around with WiFi and if I absotively positlutely need to get on the net then I have my iPhone. So far there is no one selling in my area so will have to go the Apple online path of getting one.

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I realized the same thing. I was both a hardcore PC user and iPhone power user. My laptop still works converting movies and storing stuff and occasional Photoshop work while I use the iPad for most of my normal daily activities including lite content creation and organization.

Most reactions