What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Data Transfer

WitchOneSalem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Any recommendations on software that will copy ALL data from one iPad to a newer iPad . I ask because I read that if some reason iTunes foes not transfer third party data from iPad to iPad.

Sometimes will not even transfer some of the applications.

Sent from my IPAD 1st generation. WIFI only. 64GB

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've found the full backup and restore via iTunes does an acceptable job. The only items that need to be re-entered are passwords for email, etc. which is a necessary security feature.

Because music, photo albums, etc. are synced to the iPad from iTunes, these tend to sync back to the new device with a thorough restore. That being said, I would manually move app files back to your PC using the file transfer feature of iTunes.

OP
WitchOneSalem

WitchOneSalem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've found the full backup and restore via iTunes does an acceptable job. The only items that need to be re-entered are passwords for email, etc. which is a necessary security feature. Because music, photo albums, etc. are synced to the iPad from iTunes, these tend to sync back to the new device with a thorough restore. That being said, I would manually move app files back to your PC using the file transfer feature of iTunes.

Since I asked that question I located a programme called PhoneTrans. Works perfectly. Nothing lost. Much simpler than iTunes. The free version only gives one application transfer. Do I purchased the programme. Glad that I did.

rdkendrick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AppTrans works pretty good, too, though a little slow as you work your way up the ladder to iPad 4 64GB.

OP
WitchOneSalem

WitchOneSalem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Will this transfer the voice tent stored within the application such as downloaded videos using TagDisk?

The App Transfer is from the same company as the other transfers that I purchased. AnyTrans, Photo Trans Pro, Phone Trans, and Photo Trans.

Last edited:

rdkendrick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I used it, until I upgraded to the iPad Air.
When I DID use it, it worked great and copied everything.
I used CopyTrans, I think, but it would not work with iOS 8, so I had to buy AppTrans.
It did not work as well as CopyTrans. It kept locking up on me. It may have been the other iPad Air that I was copying to.

Most reactions

Latest posts