What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cydia Icon Has Gone Missing

chuckf1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I installed Cydia, on myy iPad Mini, OS 6.1, the EvasiOn jailbreak the first day it came out. Later that this evening I downloaded app called Wee --- something or another --- which was supposed to terminate apps from the notification center. It didn't work so I uninstalled it from Cydia. I can't remember whether or not it respringed or rebooted but afterward the Cydia icon was gone.

I used Spotlight to try to find it but no luck. Where is the icon and how do I get it back?

Thank you very much.

Bula.bula

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I installed Cydia, on myy iPad Mini, OS 6.1, the EvasiOn jailbreak the first day it came out. Later that this evening I downloaded app called Wee --- something or another --- which was supposed to terminate apps from the notification center. It didn't work so I uninstalled it from Cydia. I can't remember whether or not it respringed or rebooted but afterward the Cydia icon was gone.

I used Spotlight to try to find it but no luck. Where is the icon and how do I get it back?

Thank you very much.

It sounds like you have managed to uninstall the Cydia app from your device. Have you got iFile(from Cydia) installed? If not you may be looking at a restore then jailbreak again.

Re-running the jailbreak does not usually allow you to install Cydia again, it usually comes back stating you are already jailbroken. Not sure if this is the case with the evasi0n jailbreak.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

OP
C

chuckf1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for the responses. I did reboot and that didn't work and I didn't have iFile, so that option wasn't open to me, so I ended up re-jailbreaking and all is good now.

I appreciate the time you took to give me a helping hand.

Most reactions