What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cydia Error

blueumbrella

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have not used Cydia in a year. Opened it to add a source and this msg popped up: Database: type 'libpcreposix..0.0.0.dylib' is not know on line 1 in source list/etc/apt/sources.list.d/saurik.list. Please help me RESTORE Cydia back to normal and get rid of this error. Thank you in advance.

Last edited:

yof

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have not used Cydia in a year. Opened it to add a source and this msg popped up: Database: type 'libpcreposix..0.0.0.dylib' is not know on line 1 in source list/etc/apt/sources.list.d/saurik.list. Please help me RESTORE Cydia back to normal and get rid of this error. Thank you in advance.

Have you tried closing Cydia entirely in the switcher (double hit home button area). And relaunching it ? Also try rejailbreaking your phone

Totallylagit

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If you have OpenSSH installed, you can just reinstall cydia. Find the .deb with google and place it to an easy location on your iDevice. Use whatever app or program (I use putty for pc) and use the command 'dpkg -i (whatever the .deb is called).deb'
Without the '. That will install cydia again

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you haven't used Cydia in over a year you must be pretty far behind in terms of IOS and the versions of tweaks and apps you have installed. I would strongly recommend a restore, re-jailbreak, and re-install to get yourself up to date. You are asking for trouble being too far behind and never updating anything... ;)

donkeys

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I fixed this same error without reinstalling cydia

What I did was I downlaoded IExplorer. I wish I could post a link but it will not let me. So just google Iexplorer and its from macroplant. I then installed it. It needs .net if you do not have it installed.

Then I connected my ipad to the computer. I then opened up IExplorer and told it to just use the demo.

In IExplorer it showed my Ipad I then clicked on Files. Then I clicked on Root it told me a message about to make sure you know what your doing I told it to continue. I then went through these folders /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ and found saurik.list.

I dragged and dropped saurik.list to my desktop opened it with notepad. I deleted everything in it. Mine only had one line that said 'libpcreposix..0.0.0.dylib'. I removed it so it was blank. I then dragged and dropped it back onto the phone. It asked to replace I said OK.

I then fired up cyida and it worked. Hope this fix works for others instead of having to rejailbreak your device.

:)

Most reactions

Latest posts